Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: why can I not rm the file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers why can I not rm the file Post 89074 by vgersh99 on Thursday 10th of November 2005 02:48:35 PM
Old 11-10-2005
rm ' .dmp'

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
jfs_logdump(8)						  JFS utility - journal log dump					    jfs_logdump(8)

NAME
jfs_logdump - dump a JFS formatted device's journal log SYNOPSIS
jfs_logdump [ -a ] device DESCRIPTION
jfs_logdump dumps the contents of the journal log from the specified JFS formatted device into output file ./jfslog.dmp. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device from which the journal log will be dumped (e.g. /dev/hdb1 ). jfs_logdump must be run as root. OPTIONS
-a Dump the entire contents of the journal log instead of just the committed transactions since the last synch point. EXAMPLE
Dump the entire JFS journal log from the 3rd partition of the 2nd hard disk into ./jfslog.dmp: jfs_logdump -a /dev/hdb3 REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_logdump, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including any jfs_logdump error messages and the complete output of running jfs_fsck with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
jfs_fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. jfs_logdump is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ October 29, 2002 jfs_logdump(8)