Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to remove the screen saver on solaris box Post 88931 by girish_shukla on Thursday 10th of November 2005 06:10:09 AM
Old 11-10-2005
can you find any .xscreensaver file in your home directory.rename that file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen saver

Can any one help me knowing how to do screen saver after certain time ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hegazy Mahdy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My screen saver for a plain session

Good day. :) I don't know exactly where or how to post this kind of stuff, but I though I'd like to have a look at my "Screen Saver" in progress. Comments welcome. This uses bash. Just copy and pase into any file. Make o+x and run. Feel free to edit and change all u like. Thanks. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blooper
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

screen saver in UNIX~~~~~~HELP NEEDED

One of my Sun Box running SUNOS 4.1.3_U1, the screen saver in turn on. if there anyway to disable the screen saver? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Screen Saver Resolution

I am using sun solaris machine i have given the specs of that machine given below Name of athe Platform : SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Machiene hardware :sun4u Processor Type :sparc Operating system : solaris 10 Monitory TYpe : SAMSUNG Sync Master... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris box shows blank screen after power up

Hi All, I have a solaris machine that powers up and displays a blank screen? All the keyboard, monitor and mouse are plugged in. It was booting fine before and when it was disconnected and re-connected (mouse/keyboard/monitor) it just powered on and came up with a blank screen. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
5 Replies

6. Solaris

screen saver

I am using solaris 10 x86, i am trying to create my own sreensavers using the pictures in my folder. pls can someone tell on how to go about this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen Saver for LINUX - ROOT

Good Morning. I have a question about screen savers in LINUX especially CENTOS. I don't seem to have a problem setting the screen saver with a password required for the root account(version 5.3). I'm told earlier versions you could not set it for. I was wondering if newer versions of LINUX had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ejjones
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Screen saver mode at work

Hi, At work, the PC Windows 7 goes to screen saver mode after 10 minutes. I don't have access to change that. It's grayed out for me. After 10 minutes, the IM will say " AWAY" and my email status will say " AWAY ". Email and IM both are from Microsoft. My question is there any work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
xscreensaver-getimage-file(1)					XScreenSaver manual				     xscreensaver-getimage-file(1)

NAME
xscreensaver-getimage-file - put a randomly-selected image on the root window SYNOPSIS
xscreensaver-getimage-file [-display host:display.screen] [--verbose] [--name] directory DESCRIPTION
The xscreensaver-getimage-file program is a helper program for the xscreensaver hacks that manipulate images. Specifically, it is invoked by xscreensaver-getimage(1) as needed. This is not a user-level command. This program selects a random image from disk, and loads it on the root window. It does this by figuring out which image-loading programs are installed on the system, and invoking the first one it finds. OPTIONS
xscreensaver-getimage-file accepts the following options: --verbose Print diagnostics. --name Don't load an image: instead just print the file name to stdout. directory The directory to search. The directory will be searched recursively, and all files in it are assumed to be images. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1), xscreensaver-demo(1), xscreensaver-getimage(1), xv(1), xli(1), xloadimage(1), chbg(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Jamie Zawinski <jwz@jwz.org>, 14-Apr-01 X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) xscreensaver-getimage-file(1)