Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Script to display directories in Path? Post 88884 by debut on Wednesday 9th of November 2005 03:53:37 PM
Old 11-09-2005
Bash Script to display directories in Path?

Hello there,

As a newbie:

The directories in PATH can be hard to distinguish when printed out as
one line with colon .Please, can i have a sample script to display
them,one to a line.

Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

(w)get web server's directories + bash script

Hi everyone. I need to write a script which will download files/folders (a huge collection) to the local file server (centOS 4.4 Server), and check regularly (every 6 hours or so if any new files are present, or if the old ones were modified to update contents). Any insights on how to tackle... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminiscent
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive call to find files and directories in Shell script from current path.

################################################################ Copy this script to your path from where you want to search for all the files and directories in subdirectories recursively. ################################################################# code starts here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramit_Gupta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: issue changing directories in script

I am working on a script that checks two arguments at the command line. The first argument is a search pattern, the second can be a file or a directory, if it is a file a second script is called that checks it for the search pattern. If the second argument is a directory, it checks for the search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to rename multiple directories

Hello I have a directory structure with year in format 4 digits, e.g 2009, below which is month format 1 or 2 digits, e.g 1 or 12, blow which is day format 1 or 2 digits, e.g 1 or 31. I want to change the names of lots of directories to the be Year - 4 digits , e.g 2009 - No change here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a shell script to display files in single path?

Hello friends, I am a script which dispalys a multiple files with their contents. for exm: suppose two file test1.txt and test2.txt. when I run my script it have to display the below O/P. test1.txt -rw-r----- 1 sranga staff 91 Sep 23 02:18 calc.sh -rw-r----- 1 sranga ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Importing a path/file into a bash script

Hey, I'm new here. Basically, I'm trying to make a bash script that affects a file of my choice. What I want to do is $./script.sh /path/to/file.jpg and then the bash script will know that variable=/path/to/file.jpg Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TFB
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to display tail

Hi everyone, I'm trying to write a script to format a file using unix2dos. I want to output all but the first 14 lines in a file. Then I want to pipe this to unix2dos to convert the output to a file that's easily readable on windows. Here's what I have: export Lines=`wc -l < $1` export... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuminalZero
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting path name using bash script

I have this code to extract the directory name ($0:h) in tcsh. I am converting the code to bash and need a way to get the equivalent setting for DefRaytracPath set DefRaytracPath = `echo $0:h | awk 'BEGIN {FS="/tcsh"} {print $1"/prog"}'` (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help: Script to report timestamp of directories in a specific path from multiple Linux server

Need help Please help on how to write a script which can echo timestamp, size of subdirectories in a specific path from multiple Linux servers to a text file. I can ssh with a common user to all the servers from a build box. Basic idea what I had was: ssh <commonuser>@<each box> cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhichadaga
1 Replies
AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)

NAME
amzfs-snapshot - Amanda script to create zfs snapshot DESCRIPTION
amzfs-snapshot is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem where the path specified is mounted. PRE-DLE-* create a snapshot and the POST-DLE-* destroy the snapshot, *-DLE-AMCHECK, *-DLE-ESTIMATE and *-DLE-BACKUP must be set to be executed on the client: execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client The PRE_DLE_* script output a DIRECTORY property telling where the directory is located in the snapshot. The application must be able to use the DIRECTORY property, amgtar can do it. The script is run as the amanda user, it must have the priviledge to create and destroy snapshot: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,snapshot,destroy FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the DLE must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data Arbitrary mounted dir /data/interesting_dir ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem must be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-snapshot's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-snapshot script to create a snapshot and use amgtar to backup the snapshot. define script-tool amzfs_snapshot { comment "backup of zfs snapshot" plugin "amzfs-snapshot" execute-on pre-dle-amcheck, post-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate, post-dle-estimate, pre-dle-backup, post-dle-backup execute-where client #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-amgtar { dt_amgtar script "amzfs_snapshot" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SNAPSHOT(8)