Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User friendly
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting User friendly Post 88883 by debut on Wednesday 9th of November 2005 03:51:09 PM
Old 11-09-2005
ls -l information?

Hello,

As a newbie:

I know that ls -l list files in a directory.Can i get a Bash script
that prints the same information as ls -l but ib a user friendly way?

Thank you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Most Neewbie friendly distribution

Hi! I guess the title says it all. I'm thinking about installing unix on a computer because that's the system they use in school so I'm just wondering which distribution I should download, which is most suitable for me. I have use a unix computer 3 times in school. I have had Windows for quite... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rayben
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Friendly hello

To all whom belong to the UNIX forums - I just came across your web-site from a google search, wanted to say that I am looking forward to posting with you all and trying to learn as much as I can about Unix. I currently run a small version of linux on an obsolete laptop, I have been using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheesedinverts
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Friendly command script

Hi, I need a unix script to help my students using unix and will make it more friedly with them. The script will do something like that, when a user writes a letter, then it will be apeared to the screen the available commands or files that fit to the spesific letter that the user gives. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakis
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User friendly Unix ksh prompt to type directories/files

Hello, I wanted to setup user friendly ksh command prompt, by typing first character of files or directories and then tab bring up whole word. No need to type whole file/directory/command names. Example: cat a file like university just typing un and then tab bring up whole university wod.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdurrouf
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make running gawk scripts more user-friendly in a Windows environment?

I know, and I apologise for using the W word, but I have users asking if they can use my gawk scripts, but I just know they're not going to like using the DOS command line. Is there any way for me to run my gawk scripts from a gui? Even if it's from a web page (html, php, what ever). I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathanm
3 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help finding a Unix friendly RAID 1 backup

First time poster and a very new Unix user, so I'll just pre-apologize for stupid questions now. Does anybody know of a good RAID 1 hard drive backup that is Unix friendly? I want to avoid any hardcore programming. Can you recommend both NAS and non-NAS options? I need to do nightly backups... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: c.wakeman
31 Replies

7. Red Hat

Mulitpath user-friendly name is correct

We have device mapper multipath configured. multipath -ll is showing things correctly. But when ever we are executing lvm related command, say pvs, it is showing /dev/mpath/<wwid> number instead of expected /dev/mpath/mpathX as follows - /dev/mpath/360060e801603c800000103c800002b22 Here,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile Friendly Version of UNIX.COM

Hello, I have noticed some problems with Google complaining our site is not "https://search.google.com/www.usearch-console/mobile-friendly" using only Tapatalk. So, after a lot of work, I have re-enabled our legacy mobile style and make some improvements and Google has declared us "mobile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
LDAPFRIENDLY(5) 						File Formats Manual						   LDAPFRIENDLY(5)

NAME
ldapfriendly - data file for LDAP friendly routines SYNOPSIS
/usr/share/openldap/ldapfriendly DESCRIPTION
The file /usr/share/openldap/ldapfriendly contains simple mapping information used by the ldap_friendly_name(3) routine. Blank lines and lines that have a first character of `#' are treated as comments and ignored. The information consists of lines that contain an "unfriend- ly" name, a tab, and a "friendly" name. Other friendly mapping files can be created and used by ldap_friendly_name(3). Just use the same format as that described above and include the file name in the ldap_friendly_name() call. FILES
/usr/share/openldap/ldapfriendly SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_friendly_name(3) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.0.27-Release 20 August 2000 LDAPFRIENDLY(5)