Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to calculate with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to calculate with awk Post 88861 by whatisthis on Wednesday 9th of November 2005 11:39:03 AM
Old 11-09-2005
AWk convertion

Thank you soooo much for your quick reply!!!!
Smilie Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use awk to calculate average of column 3

Suppose I have 500 files in a directory and I need to Use awk to calculate average of column 3 for each of the file, how would I do that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an AWK script to calculate the percentage

Hi I need a awk script to calculate percentage. I have to pass the pararmeters in to the awk script and calculate the percentage. Sum = 50 passed = 43 failed = 7 I need to pass these value in to the awk script and calculate the percentage. Please advice me. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i calculate a file using awk

hi all Am new to scripting... So,i have a file named file1 its contents are as follows: joy 55 66 77 ruby 77 88 99 saloni 88 44 33 I would require a script which will calculate its percentage,its total and the average with awk script Many thanks in advance.. Please reply me at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to calculate total

Hi First field is the Record Type. A Record Type 5 can have multiple Record Type 6's before another Record Type 5 appears. I want to calculate the total of fields at position 8-11 on Record type 6 when Record Type 5 has a field at position 11-14 equals to '2222'. then it should delete the lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsguy616
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate P Value -Awk

Is there any awk command to calculate P Value ?(Probability) Is it possib;e to calculate P va;ue for this data for ex? 7.891284 8.148193 7.749575 7.958188 7.887702 7.714877 8.141548 7.51845 8.27736 7.929853 7.92456 8.249126 7.989113 8.012573 8.351206 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stateperl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to Calculate Correct Responses

Hello, I am trying to count how many times a subject makes a correct switch or a correct stay response in a simple task. I have data on which condition they were in (here, labeled "IMAGINE" and "RECALL"), as well as whether they made a left or right button response, and whether the outcome was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jahn
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Average AWK

I want to calculate the average line by line of some files with several lines on them, the files are identical, just want to average the 3rd columns of those files.:wall: Example file: File 1 001 0.046 0.667267 001 0.047 0.672028 001 0.048 0.656025 001 0.049 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AriasFco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: calculate ratio of columns

Hi all, I have a tab-delimited text file in which i have a few columns which look like, X Y U V 2 3 4 5 4 5 3 4 6 4 3 2 For example, I want to calculate the ratio (X+Y)/(X+Y+U+V) for each row and print the output. X Y U V ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate timex output

I have a timex 'dd' command that generates an output similar to this: real 701.92 user 3.06 sys 469.10 for the moment, i m redirecting the output to a temp file to stage the calculation (using bc) for: a) MB/s b) cpu usage = 100*(user+sys)/real I am looking around for an 1-liner... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Using awk to calculate max value

I have a file of sites and each site has a variable number of flow values with a date for each value. I want to determine the max value of flow for each site and output the site number, max value, and date of max value.The format structure (simplified) is the following: Record Site Number ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cparr
5 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)