Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PS Command Field
Operating Systems Linux PS Command Field Post 88705 by vino on Tuesday 8th of November 2005 07:28:08 AM
Old 11-08-2005
Since you have posted in the Linux forum, I will assume that your OS is linux.

Get the PID of the java process.

Replace the PID with its value in the following command.

Code:
cat /proc/PID/cmdline

It will show you all args passed to the java process.

All the procs will be in 1 single line with no visible spaces between them. Infact all of them are separated by NUL. You might want to replace the NUL with a whitespace and then view them. Ofcourse, this will have to be done programatically.

Look at this URL - The /proc File System

Vino

Last edited by vino; 11-08-2005 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: Added an URL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exec command and field descriptors..

according to the many sources the exec command other than its use in find and escaping the shell, has another definitive use.. which I am having a hard time understanding. according to many resources and info pages that I have read I can use the exec command with a file descriptor.. such as exec... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ps command - time field

Hi all, Can someone extending on what the time field is explaining in a ps command. Man page only has this: time The cumulative execution time for the process. Is this a combined CPU time? if that is the case then it should be impossible to have a 00:00 time on any process. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nhatch
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to specify the column(field) in sed command

the following command removes the first two characters of the first column, how can I change it to to remove the first two characters of the second column? sed 's/^..//' file1.txt > file2.txt Thanks Joseph (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdhahbi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

where to specify the field name in SED command

HI Folks, I know the solution to my question is very easy but i could not find it out. There is CSV file with 20 fields with 5 rows contains different data as below: FBINV,LVO71,GAMFR1,D,104164,16677.36,20090625,102135,20090529,7267,KG,,,,0,,,,DTD,,O,O,,,,,,,,,300588136... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrakala
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to separate a field

I have a log file that I am trying to convert. File contents something like this: aaaaa bbbbbb cccc dddddd\123 eeeee ffffffff I am trying to output the fields in a different order and separate field 4 so that the "123" and "dddddd" can be output separately. for example bbbbbb aaaaa 123... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake1988
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Awk command to print the field

894344202808090;11122;040320 075858 166;101;0;0;10u;0;NA;65;221890;2;101973;185059;568674;Y; PRE;0;0;NA;NA;0;NA;0;NA;textmsg;textmsg_snd1;telusmob;TEXTMSG1;0.15000000;126037;2010/03/04 12:58:57gmt;0;70532192; plz tell me any awk command which on the basis of the yellow field which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madfox
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a field from ls-l command and display?

So I want to put a line at the end of my script which greps for keywords from syslog.log that outputs the following after it is done: "This file was last modified on (thisdate)" I know I can use the following to get the date: rtidsvb(izivanov):/home/izivanov> ll /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Command to replace particular field

Hello All, I need your help in getting a command. I have a input file as below: "A0C0VN","XZ70720","02","MEMBER ELIGIBILITY_DC",2012021308,"",,,20120213 I need a command to remove the field in Bold. To be specific the 5th field along with the next comma (2012021308,) needs to be taken... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveenkulkarni
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to identify distinct field value

Could anyone help me on a command to identify distinct values from a particular column ?my input file has header. So i need a command in which we pass Column1 as parameter. For eg my input is like Column1 Column2 Column3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command/script to match a field and print the next field of each line in a file.

Hello, I have a text file in the below format: Source Destination State Lag Status CQA02W2K12pl:D:\CAQA ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pocodot
10 Replies
GELF_CHECKSUM(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  GELF_CHECKSUM(3)

NAME
elf32_checksum, elf64_checksum, gelf_checksum -- return the checksum of an ELF object LIBRARY
ELF Access Library (libelf, -lelf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libelf.h> long elf32_checksum(Elf *elf); long elf64_checksum(Elf *elf); #include <gelf.h> long gelf_checksum(Elf *elf); DESCRIPTION
These functions return a simple checksum of the ELF object described by their argument elf. The checksum is computed in way that allows its value to remain unchanged in presence of modifications to the ELF object by utilities like strip(1). Function elf32_checksum() returns a checksum for an ELF descriptor elf of class ELFCLASS32. Function elf64_checksum() returns a checksum for an ELF descriptor elf of class ELFCLASS64. Function gelf_checksum() provides a class-independent way retrieving the checksum for ELF object elf. RETURN VALUES
These functions return the checksum of the ELF object, or zero in case an error was encountered. ERRORS
These functions may fail with the following errors: [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was NULL. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was not a descriptor for an ELF file. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] The ELF descriptor elf was not opened for reading or updating. [ELF_E_CLASS] For functions elf32_checksum() and elf64_checksum(), ELF descriptor elf did not match the class of the called function. [ELF_E_HEADER] The ELF object specified by argument elf had a malformed executable header. [ELF_E_RESOURCE] An out of memory condition was detected during processing. [ELF_E_SECTION] The ELF object specified by argument elf contained a section with a malformed section header. [ELF_E_VERSION] The ELF object was of an unsupported version. SEE ALSO
strip(1), elf(3), gelf(3) BSD
August 29, 2006 BSD