Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: please tell me
Operating Systems Linux please tell me Post 88675 by guptavikas1 on Tuesday 8th of November 2005 12:45:18 AM
Old 11-08-2005
please tell me

hi all,
i am LINUX beginer, can anybody tell me name of the linux book that can give me a detailed idea of linux internal, and that is easy to understand.

thanks & regards
vikas

Last edited by guptavikas1; 11-08-2005 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: change for linux instead of unix

MKFS.BFS(8)                                                    System Administration                                                   MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [options] device [block-count] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs filesystem on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The block-count parameter is the desired size of the filesystem, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N, --inodes number Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified, some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V, --vname label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F, --fname name Specify the filesystem name. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v, --verbose Explain what is being done. -c This option is silently ignored. -l This option is silently ignored. -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. Option -V only works as --version when it is the only option. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8) AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2011 MKFS.BFS(8)