Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to sort find results
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to sort find results Post 88631 by akrathi on Monday 7th of November 2005 12:54:19 PM
Old 11-07-2005
Can you explain why this is not the right way oor notr the solution . Just curious

ls -lt `find ./ -name "EL*" -print`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find results

Hi, how can I get only useful results from find / -size 10000000 without the "Permissions denied" files ? tks C (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carmen123
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: I need to sort a text file in an uncommon manner, can't get desired results

Hi All I have a flat text file. Each line in it contains a "/full path/filename". The last three columns are predictable, but directory depth of each line varies. I want to sort on the last three columns, starting from the last, 2nd last and 3rd last. In that order. The last three columns... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JakeKatz
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort folder results

Here is the code, but the list is not sorted properly (alphabetically)? <?php function folderlist(){ $startdir = './'; $ignoredDirectory = '.'; $ignoredDirectory = '..'; if (is_dir($startdir)){ if ($dh = opendir($startdir)){ while (($folder = readdir($dh)) !== false){ if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort find results

Hi, I have a problem with a shell script. The script should find all .cpp and .h files and list them. With: for file in `find $src -name '*.h' -o -name '*.cpp' it gives out this: H:\FileList\A\E\F\G\newCppFile.cpp H:\FileList\header01.h H:\FileList\B\nextCppFile.cpp ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellBeginner75
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX SORT command chops results

I am trying to sort a file . The file looks like this: DDFF 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDFQ 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDFX 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDUA 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load My command: sort -k1 /home/c153507/Bin/OPL1.txt -o /home/c153507/Bin/OPL1.txt The results are OK except for one line where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yahalom
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to do ls -l on results of grep and find?

Hi, Am running the command below to search for files that contains a certain string. grep -il "shutdown" `find . -type f -mtime -1 -print` | grep "^./scripts/active" How do I get it to do a ls -l on the list of files? I tried doing ls -l `grep -il "shutdown" `find . -type f -mtime -1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Weird 'find' results

Hello and thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me I'm trying to learn the find command and thought I was understanding it... Apparently I was wrong. I was doing compound searches and I started getting weird results with the -size test. I was trying to do a search on a 1G file owned by... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bodisha
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Strange sort -r results

Hi Folks - I have this file that looks like this: outbox/logs/Client_1042.log outbox/logs/Client_941.log outbox/logs/Client_942.log outbox/logs/Client_943.log outbox/logs/Client_944.log And this is my code: #!/bin/bash _OUTBOX_BIN="outbox/logs/" _NAME="Client" _TEMP="temp.txt"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistent results using sort function

Could you please advise on the following: I have two space-delimited files with 9 and 10 columns, respectively, with exactly the same values in column 1. However, the order of column 1 differs between the two files, so I want to sort both files by column 1, so that I can align them and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aberg
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Strange results from 'strings | sort'

Using the 'strings' command and piping the result to 'sort' is producing strange results. I get block of lines that begin with asterisks, then a block that begins with some text, then more lines that begin with asterisks. The actual content is correct - lines beginning with asterisks is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
5 Replies
sgels.f(3)							      LAPACK								sgels.f(3)

NAME
sgels.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sgels (TRANS, M, N, NRHS, A, LDA, B, LDB, WORK, LWORK, INFO) SGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined systems for GE matrices Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sgels (characterTRANS, integerM, integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerLWORK, integerINFO) SGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined systems for GE matrices Purpose: SGELS solves overdetermined or underdetermined real linear systems involving an M-by-N matrix A, or its transpose, using a QR or LQ factorization of A. It is assumed that A has full rank. The following options are provided: 1. If TRANS = 'N' and m >= n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A*X ||. 2. If TRANS = 'N' and m < n: find the minimum norm solution of an underdetermined system A * X = B. 3. If TRANS = 'T' and m >= n: find the minimum norm solution of an undetermined system A**T * X = B. 4. If TRANS = 'T' and m < n: find the least squares solution of an overdetermined system, i.e., solve the least squares problem minimize || B - A**T * X ||. Several right hand side vectors b and solution vectors x can be handled in a single call; they are stored as the columns of the M-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B and the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X. Parameters: TRANS TRANS is CHARACTER*1 = 'N': the linear system involves A; = 'T': the linear system involves A**T. M M is INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >=0. A A is REAL array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, if M >= N, A is overwritten by details of its QR factorization as returned by SGEQRF; if M < N, A is overwritten by details of its LQ factorization as returned by SGELQF. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the matrix B of right hand side vectors, stored columnwise; B is M-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'N', or N-by-NRHS if TRANS = 'T'. On exit, if INFO = 0, B is overwritten by the solution vectors, stored columnwise: if TRANS = 'N' and m >= n, rows 1 to n of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements N+1 to M in that column; if TRANS = 'N' and m < n, rows 1 to N of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'T' and m >= n, rows 1 to M of B contain the minimum norm solution vectors; if TRANS = 'T' and m < n, rows 1 to M of B contain the least squares solution vectors; the residual sum of squares for the solution in each column is given by the sum of squares of elements M+1 to N in that column. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= MAX(1,M,N). WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (MAX(1,LWORK)) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK LWORK is INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS ) ). For optimal performance, LWORK >= max( 1, MN + max( MN, NRHS )*NB ). where MN = min(M,N) and NB is the optimum block size. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, the i-th diagonal element of the triangular factor of A is zero, so that A does not have full rank; the least squares solution could not be computed. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 183 of file sgels.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 sgels.f(3)