Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting identify whether idrectory or ordinary file Post 88536 by reborg on Saturday 5th of November 2005 05:09:05 PM
Old 11-05-2005
man file
man stat

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie question about difference between executable file and ordinary file

Hi, I am newbie in unix and just started learning it. I want to know what is the difference between an executable file and a file (say text file). How to create executable file? What is the extension for that? How to differentiate ? How does it get executed? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balaji
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

problem using rsh for ordinary users!

Hello, I'm going to use the remote tape via rsh , I think that all the necessary process have been done as below: (suppose the machine name that want to use tape is : m1 & the source machine is: m2 ) 1-in m2 machine i add: + m1 in .rhosts... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify type of file

hi all, i have the next question: how can i identify the type of a file? . I'm working in Unix (Solaris 5.7) and i would like identify if a file is or not is a "flat file". I need have a program what separates the flat file in a directory, and the excel file in another directory. I must get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

heads up unable tp login using ordinary account

Hi Mentors, I have a unix box HPC8000 HPUX 11.11 had just a problem loging in on CDE using ordinary account. The problem looks like this when an ordinary account will login to it will automatically closed and the login promtp will appear. If the root will login no problem at all. I tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
0 Replies

5. AIX

[Help] Give privilege to an ordinary user

I'm trying to give a non-root user the right to start IBM HTTP Server, the web server is listening on port 80, but for AIX, ports under 1024 are privilege ports which can be used only by root. /usr/IBMIHS/bin# ./apachectl start (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address :::80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibmer414
1 Replies

6. Linux

grant root privileges to ordinary user

Hi, Is it possible to grant root privileges to an ordinary user? Other than 'sudo', is there some way under Users/Groups configuration? I want ordinary user to be able to mount, umount and use command mt. /Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to give an ordinary user the superuser (root) ID which is 0

How to give an ordinary user the superuser (root) ID which is 0 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharaola
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanted to find both link file and ordinary file using single find command

find . -type fl o/p is only the ordinary file. where in it wont give the link files. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare large file and identify difference in separate file

I have a very large system generated file containing around 500K rows size 100MB like following HOME|ALICE STREET|3||NEW LISTING HOME|NEWPORT STREET|1||NEW LISTING HOME|KING STREET|5||NEW LISTING HOME|WINSOME AVENUE|4||MODIFICATION CAR|TOYOTA|4||NEW LISTING CAR|FORD|4||NEW... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jubaier
9 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)