Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing multiple Oracle procedures concurrently Post 88473 by jim mcnamara on Friday 4th of November 2005 11:57:49 AM
Old 11-04-2005
Basically I rewrote the whole script - look at it as a replacement, not a code snippet that you insert somewhere.

You definitely need to test it first.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Calling Oracle Stored Procedures in UNIx(sun solaris)

I have created 3 Procedures all similar to this one: I then created 3 shell sripts which will call the sql? finally created a calling script to call the procedure. I am a bit unsure how to this all works, can someone check my code and I am doing this right? Also could I add my procedure (first... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etravels
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Executing MS-SQL stored procedures from Unix/C Program?

All, We are contemplating a port of an existing software product and would like to expend as little effort as possible. Our new database would be MS-SQL, and we would write stored procedures to perform common db operations. We'd like to call these stored procedures from C or C++ code running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mparks
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running same script multiple times concurrently...

Hi, I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. I've got a Python script that I need to run 60 times concurrently (with the number added as an argument each time) via nightly cron. I figured that this would work: 30 1 * * * for i in $(seq 0 59); do $i \&; done However, it seems to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckhowe
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle procedure is not executing in uix

Hi Guys, I am trying to tun a oracle proedure throgh unix shell script but it is not running i dont know why ? i have tested this procedure in sqlplus and it was working fine. can you see the script and sql file and let me know where is my mistake. script:bm_chart_table_loading.sh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Oracle SQL statement in a UNIX script

Hi All, I need to select one column from a table based upon the passed in parameter. I tried this: sqlplus -silent $MISP_USER << EOF set feedback off; set verify off; set sqlprompt "" SELECT mail_flag FROM dailyjobs WHERE job_name = '$1'; exit 0 EOF exit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with executing multiple remote commands after multiple hops

Hi SSHers, I have embedded this below code in my shell script.. /usr/bin/ssh -t $USER@$SERVER1 /usr/bin/ssh $USER2@S$SERVER2 echo uptime:`/opt/OV/bin/snmpget -r 0 -t 60 $nodeName system.3.0 | cut -d: -f3-5` SSH to both these servers are public-key authenticated, so things run... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxUser2008
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing oracle procedure using cronjob

Hi, Below is the code to execute the procedure "dbms_job.broken" from the shell script. on executing manually, it works properly without any error. but it is not working when scheduled using the cronjob. #!/usr/bin/bash user_name="oracdb" password="ora123" tns="localdb"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple procedures from shell script parallely

Hi, I need to write a Shell Script wherein i will connect to a DB2 Database and run multiple DB procedures. I know how to do in a way where procedures will be called one after the other, like when first procedure finishes, second will be executed. But what i want is to run them at the same time... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neelkanth
11 Replies
GNULIB-TOOL(1)						      GNU Portability Library						    GNULIB-TOOL(1)

NAME
gnulib-tool - program for authors or maintainers which want to import modules from gnulib into their packages. SYNOPSIS
gnulib-tool --list gnulib-tool --import [module1 ... moduleN] gnulib-tool --update gnulib-tool --create-testdir --dir=directory module1 ... moduleN gnulib-tool --create-megatestdir --dir=directory [module1 ... moduleN] gnulib-tool --test --dir=directory module1 ... moduleN gnulib-tool --megatest --dir=directory [module1 ... moduleN] gnulib-tool --extract-description module gnulib-tool --extract-filelist module gnulib-tool --extract-dependencies module gnulib-tool --extract-autoconf-snippet module gnulib-tool --extract-automake-snippet module gnulib-tool --extract-include-directive module gnulib-tool --extract-license module gnulib-tool --extract-maintainer module gnulib-tool --extract-tests-module module DESCRIPTION
The GNU portability library is a macro system and C declarations and definitions for commonly-used API elements and abstracted system behaviors. It can be used to improve portability and other functionality in your programs. OPTIONS
Operation modes: --list print the available module names. --import import the given modules into the current package; if no modules are specified, update the current package from the current gnulib. --update update the current package, restore files omitted from CVS. --create-testdir create a scratch package with the given modules. --create-megatestdir create a mega scratch package with the given modules one by one and all together. --test test the combination of the given modules (recommended to use CC="gcc -Wall" here). --megatest test the given modules one by one and all together (recommended to use CC="gcc -Wall" here). --extract-description extract the description. --extract-filelist extract the list of files. --extract-dependencies extract the dependencies. --extract-autoconf-snippet extract the snippet for configure.ac. --extract-automake-snippet extract the snippet for lib/Makefile.am. --extract-include-directive extract the #include directive. --extract-license report the license terms of the source files under lib/. --extract-maintainer report the maintainer(s) inside gnulib. --extract-tests-module report the unit test module, if it exists. Options: --dir=DIRECTORY specify the target directory. For --import, this specifies where your configure.ac can be found. Defaults to current directory. --lib=LIBRARY Specify the library name. Defaults to 'libgnu'. --source-base=DIRECTORY Directory relative --dir where source code is placed (default "lib"), for --import. --m4-base=DIRECTORY Directory relative --dir where *.m4 macros are placed (default "m4"), for --import. --tests-base=DIRECTORY Directory relative --dir where unit tests are placed (default "tests"), for --import. --aux-dir=DIRECTORY Directory relative --dir where auxiliary build tools are placed (default "build-aux"). --with-tests Include unit tests for the included modules. --avoid=MODULE Avoid including the given MODULE. Useful if you have code that provides equivalent functionality. This option can be repeated. --lgpl Abort if modules aren't available under the LGPL. Also modify license template from GPL to LGPL. --libtool Use libtool rules, for --import. --macro-prefix=PREFIX Specify the prefix of the macros 'gl_EARLY' and 'gl_INIT'. Default is 'gl'. --no-changelog don't update or create ChangeLog files. --dry-run For --import, only print what would have been done. -s, --symbolic, --symlink Make symbolic links instead of copying files. -h, --help Show summary of options. BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnulib@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
check-module(1). AUTHOR
gnulib was written by the Free Software Foundation and others (sources of various origins). This manual page was written by Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 0.0.20060601 2006-06-01 GNULIB-TOOL(1)