Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SED.EXE Bug?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SED.EXE Bug? Post 8837 by sskb on Thursday 18th of October 2001 10:40:31 AM
Old 10-18-2001
well pardon me if i were wrong!

I was trying to reproduce the same, but i did not find such a problem, eventhough i have encountered the same with some other compilers.

can anyone tell me how to chech whether there is end of line character in each line in a file?

Smilie
sskb

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.exe file

Hello all, how to run windows .exe file in Linux and vice the versa (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed bug in OS X?

I've been playing around with sed for a few days now and find that regular expressions never work inside sed s/// on Mac OS 10.2.5. Has anyone else bumped up against this problem? For example, the "sed" segment of the following always fails no matter how items are escaped: cd... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktoz
12 Replies

3. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

4. SuSE

does exe

does exe files works withe suse am new n linux system and were can i find msn 4 linux (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulla
2 Replies

5. Linux

How to run .exe

Hai, is there any way to run an .exe file in unix environment . i have read that WINE HQ supports this concept but its very inconsistent and upto the user risk . but i tried WINE but iam not able to configure it can any one help me in this matter Regards Sanju (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjustudy
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.exe files

how to open .exe file in freebsd system.My work is to run a growth.exe(created by growth.c turbo c 3.0 file).how to run that exe file in freebsd system?Thanks in advance help me (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarangopi
8 Replies

7. Programming

exe

Is it possible to extract c program,from its executable file(.exe)? i mean we dont have program but its exe file only which runs,can we retrieve the program? if yes how? if no why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown9
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to build .exe from c

All, I have never comipled C code before and would appricaite if anyone could tell me how to build a .exe from a C program. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
5 Replies

9. Programming

exe

hello everyone, could somebody tell me where can i find some good exercises on signals,processes and threads? actually i need to find some solved exercises in system programming. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: micy
4 Replies
gets(n) 						       Tcl Built-In Commands							   gets(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
gets - Read a line from a channel SYNOPSIS
gets channelId ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command reads the next line from channelId, returns everything in the line up to (but not including) the end-of-line character(s), and discards the end-of-line character(s). ChannelId must be an identifier for an open channel such as the Tcl standard input channel (stdin), the return value from an invocation of open or socket, or the result of a channel creation command provided by a Tcl extension. The channel must have been opened for input. If varName is omitted the line is returned as the result of the command. If varName is specified then the line is placed in the variable by that name and the return value is a count of the number of characters returned. If end of file occurs while scanning for an end of line, the command returns whatever input is available up to the end of file. If chan- nelId is in nonblocking mode and there is not a full line of input available, the command returns an empty string and does not consume any input. If varName is specified and an empty string is returned in varName because of end-of-file or because of insufficient data in non- blocking mode, then the return count is -1. Note that if varName is not specified then the end-of-file and no-full-line-available cases can produce the same results as if there were an input line consisting only of the end-of-line character(s). The eof and fblocked commands can be used to distinguish these three cases. EXAMPLE
This example reads a file one line at a time and prints it out with the current line number attached to the start of each line. set chan [open "some.file.txt"] set lineNumber 0 while {[gets $chan line] >= 0} { puts "[incr lineNumber]: $line" } close $chan SEE ALSO
file(n), eof(n), fblocked(n), Tcl_StandardChannels(3) KEYWORDS
blocking, channel, end of file, end of line, line, nonblocking, read Tcl 7.5 gets(n)