Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab job
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers crontab job Post 88197 by 100days on Wednesday 2nd of November 2005 02:08:25 AM
Old 11-02-2005
Is your machine connected to network?
If not (I suppose it is not) then you should reschedule your cronjobs by yourself. BEcuse machines connectet to network automaticly shifts time.

I hope this helps

Regards

100days

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab job queue

My cronjob triggers the script late by 6 minutes. /var/cron/log shows that it got triggered at the right time then where can I track, the late starting of the script. Is there some queue mechanism, some log? This happens sometimes, not daily. but it affects me, whenever it happens. Logging... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pksingh2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a crontab job!!!

Hi, i need to schedule a script to run at 6.10AM everyday.I tried to do this way. #!bin/ksh 10 06 * * 0-6 sh /tmp/ss/script/daily_file_check.sh And at the command prompt I did >crontab -e cron.txt I'm not sure whether this is the right way. Can anyone please tell me how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab job not running

Hi all, down here part of the scheduled job in crontab (AIX Version 5) i have problem running jspPRE-ALL. i verrify permissions and privileges (the others job are working good) if i run the job in command line it work correctly # # Aggiornamento doni e continuity 00 02 * * 2-6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilpasta
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a job using Crontab

I would like to execute my script at 17.30 and 23.00 using crontab, could anybody help me out!! Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

5. AIX

job run before schedule on crontab

Guys, yesterday i just make a script with email as a result and put them into crontab, it will execute on 23.33. Today, i recieved email from system twice as result the script. the first email send at 23.02 and the second send at 23.33 how is the script execute two times ? the first job run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: michlix
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab job not executed with variables

Hi, I am trying to execute a script (for once) during the booting time in Ubuntu system. However, the result is only showing the strings without without the variables. Here is the script: MgrIp=$(ec2-describe-instances --filter tag:Name=Mgr --filter instance-state-name=running | egrep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Job Output File

I am a newbie to Unix. My default root user umask is set to 077 and I have the following crontab job to redirect al the backup output to the logfile of /backup/backup.xxxxx 00 10 * * 0 /usr/local/bin/backup.sh > /backup/backup.`date +\%Y\%m\%d` 2>&1 Since root default umask is 077, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Job Syntax

I have a ksh script that does the following 1. Script executes and creates an output file from a sql query 2. That output file is an input file to the script 3. generates an html file to email to DBA receipients The following syntax works at the command line ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
1 Replies

9. SuSE

A crontab job not working

Hello, This is my first posting in Linux world. I have SLES 11. I've created a file 'packdisk-scandisk.txt' file under /var/opt/Teradata/bteqdba. The content of the file is, cat /var/opt/Teradata/bteqdba/packdisk-scandisk.txt output over /var/opt/Teradata/bteqdba/TAREAS_DBA.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab job is not working

hell all: i am trying to test a crontab job for snmpwalk but it is not working: here is crontab: */1 * * * * root /root/snmpwalk.sh for the script, it is very simple: #!/usr/local/bin/bash /usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 100.10.10.10 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipfreak
6 Replies
TIMED(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  TIMED(8)

NAME
timed -- time server daemon SYNOPSIS
timed [-dtM] [-i network | -n network] [-F host ...] DESCRIPTION
The timed utility is a time server daemon which is normally invoked at boot time from the rc.conf(5) file. It synchronizes the host's time with the time of other machines, which are also running timed, in a local area network. These time servers will slow down the clocks of some machines and speed up the clocks of others to bring them to the average network time. The average network time is computed from measurements of clock differences using the ICMP timestamp request message. The following options are available: -d Enable debugging mode; do not detach from the terminal. -i network Add network to the list of networks to ignore. All other networks to which the machine is directly connected are used by timed. This option may be specified multiple times to add more than one network to the list. -F host ... - Create a list of trusted hosts. - Can take one or more parameters. - timed will only accept trusted hosts as masters. If it finds an untrusted host claiming to be master, timed will suppress incom- ing messages from that host and call for a new election. - Use real host names (resolvable by RDNS) not aliases (eg in named(8) parlance: use A names, not C names). - Use full names eg time1.domain.com not time1. - -F automatically includes the functionality of -M (so -M does not need to asserted). - If -F is not specified, all hosts on connected networks are treated as trustworthy. -M Allow this host to become a timed master if necessary. -n network Add network to the list of allowed networks. All other networks to which the machine is directly connected are ignored by timed. This option may be specified multiple times to add more than one network to the list. -t Enable tracing of received messages and log to the file /var/log/timed.log. Tracing can be turned on or off while timed is running with the timedc(8) utility. The -n and -i flags are mutually exclusive and require as arguments real networks to which the host is connected (see networks(5)). If nei- ther flag is specified, timed will listen on all connected networks. A timed running without the -M nor -F flags will always remain a slave. If the -F flag is not used, timed will treat all machines as trust- worthy. The timed utility is based on a master-slave scheme. When timed is started on a machine, it asks the master for the network time and sets the host's clock to that time. After that, it accepts synchronization messages periodically sent by the master and calls adjtime(2) to per- form the needed corrections on the host's clock. It also communicates with date(1) in order to set the date globally, and with timedc(8), a timed control utility. If the machine running the master becomes unreachable, the slaves will elect a new master from among those slaves which are running with at least one of the -M and -F flags. At startup timed normally checks for a master time server on each network to which it is connected, except as modified by the -n and -i options described above. It will request synchronization service from the first master server located. If permitted by the -M or -F flags, it will provide synchronization service on any attached networks on which no trusted master server was detected. Such a server propagates the time computed by the top-level master. The timed utility will periodically check for the presence of a master on those networks for which it is operating as a slave. If it finds that there are no trusted masters on a network, it will begin the election process on that network. One way to synchronize a group of machines is to use ntpd(8) to synchronize the clock of one machine to a distant standard or a radio receiver and -F hostname to tell its timed to trust only itself. Messages printed by the kernel on the system console occur with interrupts disabled. This means that the clock stops while they are print- ing. A machine with many disk or network hardware problems and consequent messages cannot keep good time by itself. Each message typically causes the clock to lose a dozen milliseconds. A time daemon can correct the result. Messages in the system log about machines that failed to respond usually indicate machines that crashed or were turned off. Complaints about machines that failed to respond to initial time settings are often associated with ``multi-homed'' machines that looked for time masters on more than one network and eventually chose to become a slave on the other network. WARNINGS
Temporal chaos will result if two or more time daemons attempt to adjust the same clock. If both timed and another time daemon are run on the same machine, ensure that the -F flag is used, so that timed never attempts to adjust the local clock. The protocol is based on UDP/IP broadcasts. All machines within the range of a broadcast that are using the TSP protocol must cooperate. There cannot be more than a single administrative domain using the -F flag among all machines reached by a broadcast packet. Failure to fol- low this rule is usually indicated by complaints concerning ``untrusted'' machines in the system log. FILES
/var/log/timed.log tracing file for timed /var/log/timed.masterlog log file for master timed SEE ALSO
date(1), adjtime(2), gettimeofday(2), icmp(4), networks(5), ntpd(8), timedc(8) R. Gusella and S. Zatti, TSP: The Time Synchronization Protocol for UNIX 4.3BSD. HISTORY
The timed utility appeared in 4.3BSD. BSD
February 11, 2008 BSD