Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Preventing wildcard expansion in "read" Post 88179 by zazzybob on Tuesday 1st of November 2005 07:53:28 PM
Old 11-01-2005
Quote as per Perderabo's recommendations then repost the code.

ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to request a "read" or "delivered" receipt for mails

Dears, I've written a script which allows me to send mails in different formats with different attaches. Now I still want to add a feature to this script. My users would like to be able to receive a "read" or "delivered" receipt for their mails. The script send mails on behalve of an specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: plelie2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

preventing "break" in a script

Not sure if I am using the correct terminology: I have a user setup in a menu. I want to let the user browse a file using the pg. I want to prevent the person from doing <ctrl>c and being able to exit the script to the command line. How do I do this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. AIX

Preventing screen redraw when "more" exits

In previous releases of AIX (<5.3) the "more" command didn't redraw the screen upon exit. This helped when searching in a text document or man page because one could look for the relevant part of it, exit and use the left-over at the screen as reference for typing the next command. Alas, this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purpose of "read" and "$END$" in ksh ?

Hi, Could anyone please shed some light on the following script lines and what is it doing as it was written by an ex-administrator? cat $AMS/version|read a b verno d DBVer=$(/usr/bin/printf "%7s" $verno) I checked that the cat $AMS/version command returns following output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbadmin100
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from "list1" and list matches in "list2"

I want to print any matching IP addresse in List1 with List 2; List 1 List of IP addresses; 161.85.58.210 250.57.15.129 217.23.162.249 74.76.129.101 30.221.177.237 3.147.200.59 170.58.142.64 127.65.109.33 150.167.242.146 223.3.20.186 25.181.180.99 2.55.199.32 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"GET" command retrieves multiple files while using wildcard

Hi All I am using GNU/Linux This is regarding the get command to retrieve files (filename with wild card characters) from remote server. I thought Get command can retrieve only 1 file irrespective of the files it has on the remote server And it is the function of mget to retrieve all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Europe(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Europe(3)

NAME
Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Europe - Fetch quotes from Yahoo Europe SYNOPSIS
use Finance::Quote; $q = Finance::Quote->new; %info = $q->fetch("europe","UG.PA"); # Failover to other methods ok. %info = $q->fetch("yahoo_europe","UG.PA"); # Use this module only. DESCRIPTION
This module fetches information from Yahoo Europe. Symbols should be provided in the format "SYMBOL.EXCHANGE", where the exchange code is one of the following: PA - Paris BC - Barcelona BE - Berlin BI - Bilbao BR - Brussels CO - Copenhagen D - Dusseldorf F - Frankfurt H - Hamburg HA - Hanover L - London MA - Madrid MC - Madrid (M.C.) MI - Milan MU - Munich O - Oslo ST - Stockholm SG - Stuttgart VA - Valence VI - Vienna DE - Xetra (was FX) This module provides both the "europe" and "yahoo_europe" methods. The "europe" method should be used if failover methods are desirable. The "yahoo_europe" method should be used you desire to only fetch information from Yahoo Europe. This module is loaded by default by Finance::Quote, but can be loaded explicitly by specifying the parameter "Yahoo::Europe" to Finance::Quote->new(). Information obtained by this module may be covered by Yahoo's terms and conditions. See http://finance.uk.yahoo.com/ for more details. LABELS RETURNED
This module returns all the standard labels (where available) provided by Yahoo. See Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Base for a list of these. The currency label is also returned. Note however that div_date and ex_div have been removed by yahoo europe site SEE ALSO
Yahoo Europe, http://finance.uk.yahoo.com/ Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Base perl v5.12.1 2009-10-05 Finance::Quote::Yahoo::Europe(3)