Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers libnet does not compile on Solaris 9 Post 88105 by jim mcnamara on Monday 31st of October 2005 05:11:48 PM
Old 10-31-2005
There are errors in the header file. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect version of a header - a version mismatch.

Also be sure you download the stable production version not the newest "alpha-test" version.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How compile a library on solaris(like dll in windows)

Hi all, how do i compile a c program into a library on solaris Thanks in advance Zing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
3 Replies

2. Programming

Compile and Run C Program on Solaris

Hello Guys, I am using Solaris Developer Express Edition 9/07, I am a beginner. Please tell me how to compile and execute a C program. Please give me your answers clearly, for the compilers cc,c89,c99. I not getting the answer anywhere. Please....... reply to me. Advance thanks......... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: selva_ss
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Compile Scilab 5.0.2 on Solaris 9

Hello, I'm trying to build scilab 5.0.2 on a Solaris 9 Sparc After more than one hour of compiling, this error msg appear, what could be the problem? if you need any more info i'm here. Thanks for your help. Error msg :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
0 Replies

4. Programming

Compile c program on Sun Solaris OS

Can anyone tell me how to compile a c programs on SunSolaris OS 5.1 Version as gcc and cc are not working Thanks!!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivu
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Compile errors on Solaris 10 (missing libwrap)

I'm trying to compile tacacs+-F4.0.4.18 on Solaris 10 (sparc based server). It fails during the "./configure" phase with the following error: checking whether to use libwrap... yes configure: error: Could not find libwrap. You must first install tcp_wrappers. I do a have tcpwrappers... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Compile issues on Core Solaris 10

Hello All! I am trying to compile sudo-1.7.2p1 on Solaris 10 (Core Install). I get the follow error when I run "./configure": checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... configure: error: no acceptable grep could be found in /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/xpg4/bin I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Compile php with curl on solaris 10 question

I have curl compiled into /usr/local. I needed to install another version into /usr/local/curl-7.19.5 and compile php using that directory. I believe I had done that but an ldd run against php shows it is using /usr/local/lib. I have my configure script below showing how it was built and php -i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csgonan
1 Replies

8. Programming

nss compile on solaris 10

so I am trying to build "directory server 389" on solaris 10. I am using this as i guide: 389 Directory Server (Open Source LDAP) I am using solaria studio as my compiler. I built NSPR with no issues. the problem is NSS (Network Security Services) I simply can't find instruction... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Samba compile issue on Solaris 9

Hi all :) I've been given a task to try and upgrade Samba on our legacy Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9) sparc system. Its currently running samba 3.5.3 but we'd like to try and install 3.6.0 (or 3.6.25) to have minimal protocol smbv2. When trying to install from source, it appears to configure fine,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbob01
4 Replies
Net::Config(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Net::Config(3perl)

NAME
Net::Config - Local configuration data for libnet SYNOPSYS
use Net::Config qw(%NetConfig); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Config" holds configuration data for the modules in the libnet distribution. During installation you will be asked for these values. The configuration data is held globally in "/etc/perl/Net/libnet.cfg", but a user may override any of these values by providing their own. This can be done by having a ".libnetrc" file in their home directory. This file should return a reference to a HASH containing the keys described below. For example # .libnetrc { nntp_hosts => [ "my_preferred_host" ], ph_hosts => [ "my_ph_server" ], } __END__ METHODS
"Net::Config" defines the following methods. They are methods as they are invoked as class methods. This is because "Net::Config" inherits from "Net::LocalCfg" so you can override these methods if you want. requires_firewall HOST Attempts to determine if a given host is outside your firewall. Possible return values are. -1 Cannot lookup hostname 0 Host is inside firewall (or there is no ftp_firewall entry) 1 Host is outside the firewall This is done by using hostname lookup and the "local_netmask" entry in the configuration data. NetConfig VALUES nntp_hosts snpp_hosts pop3_hosts smtp_hosts ph_hosts daytime_hosts time_hosts Each is a reference to an array of hostnames (in order of preference), which should be used for the given protocol inet_domain Your internet domain name ftp_firewall If you have an FTP proxy firewall (NOT an HTTP or SOCKS firewall) then this value should be set to the firewall hostname. If your firewall does not listen to port 21, then this value should be set to "hostname:port" (eg "hostname:99") ftp_firewall_type There are many different ftp firewall products available. But unfortunately there is no standard for how to traverse a firewall. The list below shows the sequence of commands that Net::FTP will use user Username for remote host pass Password for remote host fwuser Username for firewall fwpass Password for firewall remote.host The hostname of the remote ftp server 0 There is no firewall 1 USER user@remote.host PASS pass 2 USER fwuser PASS fwpass USER user@remote.host PASS pass 3 USER fwuser PASS fwpass SITE remote.site USER user PASS pass 4 USER fwuser PASS fwpass OPEN remote.site USER user PASS pass 5 USER user@fwuser@remote.site PASS pass@fwpass 6 USER fwuser@remote.site PASS fwpass USER user PASS pass 7 USER user@remote.host PASS pass AUTH fwuser RESP fwpass ftp_ext_passive ftp_int_passive FTP servers can work in passive or active mode. Active mode is when you want to transfer data you have to tell the server the address and port to connect to. Passive mode is when the server provide the address and port and you establish the connection. With some firewalls active mode does not work as the server cannot connect to your machine (because you are behind a firewall) and the firewall does not re-write the command. In this case you should set "ftp_ext_passive" to a true value. Some servers are configured to only work in passive mode. If you have one of these you can force "Net::FTP" to always transfer in passive mode; when not going via a firewall, by setting "ftp_int_passive" to a true value. local_netmask A reference to a list of netmask strings in the form "134.99.4.0/24". These are used by the "requires_firewall" function to determine if a given host is inside or outside your firewall. The following entries are used during installation & testing on the libnet package test_hosts If true then "make test" may attempt to connect to hosts given in the configuration. test_exists If true then "Configure" will check each hostname given that it exists perl v5.14.2 2014-09-29 Net::Config(3perl)