Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Services (Solaris 9)
Special Forums Cybersecurity Unix Services (Solaris 9) Post 88056 by supaphat on Monday 31st of October 2005 11:12:05 AM
Old 10-31-2005
vi /etc/inetd.conf

:%s/^/\#/g

Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to set up legacy services right on Solaris 10

I want to add auto startup and shutdown script to Solaris 10's legacy services as they run in Solaris 9 or in Linux. To make this work, I created the crontrol script in /etc/init.d and then link it to /etc/rc0.d and /etc/rc2.d directories. rc0.d is for shutdown and rc2.d is for srat. After I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

services, solaris 10

dear all, i have 2 questions on solaris 10. I noticed telnet/ftp/print services suddenly being stopped on one server. How can i trace this issue and find a resolution. Other issue is i need to enable rsh within the same host. enabled the service rexec and have created the .rhosts and have a + in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem in connecting TCP services between 2 Solaris Servers

Hi, I have 3 solaris servers. Two servers of differnet network and one gateway. Server1 --> 192.168.0.1 --> Solaris 9 Server2 --> 10.27.40.2 --> Solaris 10 Server3 --> Iface1 --> 192.168.0.5 --> Solaris 10 --> Gateway Iface2 --> 10.27.40.5 Now I am able to ssh... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
36 Replies

4. Solaris

Remote services during Solaris installation

I've installed Solaris 10 (05-08) on a SPARC platform During the installation I was prompted with the question below. I selected yes to enable remote services. Does anyone know what services this option enables? - Enabling remote services ---------------------------------------- Would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
6 Replies

5. Solaris

DNS Services on Solaris

We need a DNS Server on DNS 10. What the best product can i buy and install ? Help me, pls. Tks all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quan0509
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Services - Audit and Closure

Hello We have recently been through an audit of our solaris servers. All our solaris servers are running version 10. We have been told to close down all the services and we have closed what we could by using svcadm disable We only wish to let ssh and the ftp service to run. Below is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sollyshah
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to configure start up services/processes in Solaris 10?

I normally use "chkconfig" to configure start up services in a particular run level..... But i don't know how to do it in solaris 10.... please help me !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

8. Solaris

NIS/smtp services issue on Solaris 11

Hi, Few services not starting on new build Solaris 11 non-global zone. I uninstalled zone and reinstalled and still same issue, while global zone is working fine. smpt service is going into maintenance mode and /var/svc/log/network-smtp:sendmail.log shows that it tries and then dead ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies
Munin::Node::Service(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Munin::Node::Service(3pm)

NAME
Munin::Node::Service - Methods related to handling of Munin services SYNOPSIS
my $services = Munin::Node::Service->new(timeout => 30); $services->prepare_plugin_environment; if ($services->is_a_runnable_service($file_name)) { $services->fork_service($file_name); } METHODS
new my $services = Munin::Node::Service->new(%args); Constructor. All arguments are optional. Valid arguments are: "servicedir" The directory that will be searched for services. "defuser", "defgroup" The default uid and gid that services will run as. Service-specific user and group directives (as set by the service configuration files) will override this. "timeout" The default timeout for services. Services taking longer than this to run will be killed. Service-specific timeouts will (as set in the service configuration files) will override this value. is_a_runnable_service my $bool = $services->is_a_runnable_service($file_name); Runs miscellaneous tests on $file_name in the service directory, to try and establish whether it is a runnable service. list my @services = $services->list; Returns a list of all the runnable services in the directory. prepare_plugin_environment $services->prepare_plugin_environment(@services); Carries out various tasks that plugins require before being run, such as loading service configurations and exporting common environment variables. export_service_environment $services->export_service_enviromnent($service); Exports all the environment variables specific to service $service. change_real_and_effective_user_and_group $service->change_real_and_effective_user_and_group($service); Changes the current process' effective group and user IDs to those specified in the configuration, or the default user or group otherwise. Also changes the real group and user IDs if the operating system supports it. On failure, causes the process to exit. exec_service $service->exec_service($service, [$argument]); Replaces the current process with an instance of service $service in $directory, running with the correct environment and privileges. This function never returns. The process will exit(2) if the service to be run failed the paranoia check. fork_service $result = $service->fork_service($service, [$argument]); Identical to exec_service(), except it runs the service in a subprocess. If the service takes longer than the timeout, it will be terminated. Returns a hash reference containing (among other things) the service's output and exit value. (See documentation for run_as_child() in Munin::Node::Service for a comprehensive description.) perl v5.14.2 2013-11-12 Munin::Node::Service(3pm)