Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gcc for solaris 2.6
Top Forums Programming gcc for solaris 2.6 Post 8802 by jennifer on Thursday 18th of October 2001 12:31:29 AM
Old 10-18-2001
Hammer & Screwdriver

Hi Rachael,

ok, i have installed gcc 2.95.3, if I'm not wrong version 3 if for Solaris 8 platform.

This gcc will only works under /usr/local directory.

Under /usr, there is no local directory, you have to create one and ungzip everything under this directory.

If you did not specify the gcc location in your cshrc. you need to provide the full path.

for example, I'm running vhdlan CC_PATH /usr/local <filename.vhd>

regards
JenSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GCC (solaris)

I packed gcc to /usr/local/ with pkgadd and when I wan't to compile a c code file it says gcc: no file how do I configure gcc on Solaris 8 plz help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gcc installation in solaris 8

Hi, I am having trouble installing gcc 3.4.2-sol8-sparc-local in my sparc machine running solaris 8. It looks like I do not have enough memory in /var , but I have about 3GB free memory in /export/home. I have read some suggestion from previous threads that said it is possible to link /var and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prosper
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Install GCC on Solaris 8

Hi, I tried to install apache web server on solaris 8 and was prompted that i do not have any valid compiler. I tried to install GCC on solaris 8 using the command #pkgadd -d gcc-2.95.2-sol17-sparc-local (hit enter). May I know how I should set the environment variables to make it work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc-3.4.4 build on solaris 10 failing please help

I am building gcc-3.4.4 on sol-10 and getting the following error. my configure is going well but failing in the build stage *** checking for windres... windres checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no updating cache ./config.cache creating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help in building gcc on solaris.

We are moving from old solaris to new version of solaris. I have copied the gcc compiler installed on old server to new solaris server. But just copying didn't work. So I am trying to build it on the new server. The server version is sailfish@st-kvar02 -> uname -a SunOS st-kvar02 5.10... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalina.hv
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing gcc 2.8.1 on Solaris 10

Folks - This may sound like a newbee question - and it is. But a project that I'm managing is under a time crunch and I need a quick answer. IS it possible to install gcc 2.8.1 on a Solaris 10 Sun box? We have some old libraries that need that version of the compiler in order to work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peridot
2 Replies

7. Solaris

gcc -3.4.6 solaris installation error

Hi , I am installing gcc 3.4.6 on SunOS labcvs001sm 5.9 Generic_117171-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 . The isa info is 'sparcv'. I have the following with me a)gcc-3.4.6.tar b)gcc-3.4.6-sol9-sparc-local c)libiconv-1.11-sol9-sparc-local d) binutils-2.18.tar.gz e)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
8 Replies

8. Solaris

gcc not working on Solaris 10

I have a very simple c++ program like: > cat easy_gcc.cc #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/shm.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <ctype.h> int debugging = 1; int main() { printf ("This is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony123
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Help with installing gcc on Solaris 10

I want to install gcc for Solaris 10 to an alternate location besides /usr/local/bin, so I can't use the pre-compiled package from sunfreeware.com. So I assume I need to compile gcc for myself and specify --prefix. How can I accomplish this? Am I pretty much out of luck trying to compile... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srhadden
3 Replies

10. Solaris

gcc problem on Solaris

I just installed gcc from the latest package at sunfreeware.com using pkgadd. I write a simple 'Hello World!' program to test it. I try to compile it and I get this error: rockstar# gcc hello.c -o hello ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
0 Replies
PCRESAMPLE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     PCRESAMPLE(3)

NAME
PCRE - Perl-compatible regular expressions PCRE SAMPLE PROGRAM
A simple, complete demonstration program, to get you started with using PCRE, is supplied in the file pcredemo.c in the PCRE distribution. A listing of this program is given in the pcredemo documentation. If you do not have a copy of the PCRE distribution, you can save this listing to re-create pcredemo.c. The demonstration program, which uses the original PCRE 8-bit library, compiles the regular expression that is its first argument, and matches it against the subject string in its second argument. No PCRE options are set, and default character tables are used. If matching succeeds, the program outputs the portion of the subject that matched, together with the contents of any captured substrings. If the -g option is given on the command line, the program then goes on to check for further matches of the same regular expression in the same subject string. The logic is a little bit tricky because of the possibility of matching an empty string. Comments in the code explain what is going on. If PCRE is installed in the standard include and library directories for your operating system, you should be able to compile the demon- stration program using this command: gcc -o pcredemo pcredemo.c -lpcre If PCRE is installed elsewhere, you may need to add additional options to the command line. For example, on a Unix-like system that has PCRE installed in /usr/local, you can compile the demonstration program using a command like this: gcc -o pcredemo -I/usr/local/include pcredemo.c -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre In a Windows environment, if you want to statically link the program against a non-dll pcre.a file, you must uncomment the line that defines PCRE_STATIC before including pcre.h, because otherwise the pcre_malloc() and pcre_free() exported functions will be declared __declspec(dllimport), with unwanted results. Once you have compiled and linked the demonstration program, you can run simple tests like this: ./pcredemo 'cat|dog' 'the cat sat on the mat' ./pcredemo -g 'cat|dog' 'the dog sat on the cat' Note that there is a much more comprehensive test program, called pcretest, which supports many more facilities for testing regular expres- sions and both PCRE libraries. The pcredemo program is provided as a simple coding example. If you try to run pcredemo when PCRE is not installed in the standard library directory, you may get an error like this on some operating systems (e.g. Solaris): ld.so.1: a.out: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory This is caused by the way shared library support works on those systems. You need to add -R/usr/local/lib (for example) to the compile command to get round this problem. AUTHOR
Philip Hazel University Computing Service Cambridge CB2 3QH, England. REVISION
Last updated: 10 January 2012 Copyright (c) 1997-2012 University of Cambridge. PCRESAMPLE(3)