Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers syntax gives back funny results Post 88014 by moxxx68 on Monday 31st of October 2005 05:57:10 AM
Old 10-31-2005
MySQL syntax gives back funny results

i do lots of formatting of types/sorts on my laptop and this is probably one of the basic syntax I use

sed '/\<[0-9]*:/G;/\.$/G;' filename | fmt -w 80 > foo

if I add /**.*/;' to the sed command sometimes i am getting the right output some times I get line-errors...
even with basic syntax as I have put above this gives abnormal file output once in a while where I have tried
cat -v ; col -b and fmt -cw which have all worked but never all the time once in a while I can not figure out
why this syntx splits up some lines in the middle of sentences no matter what I try..
any feedback welcome ; thanx in advance moxxx68
Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to use Secure Shell (SSH) to pass results back to invoking machine

Hi, I am running a script from a client machine X which does "SSH" to around 100 other machines in a farm and invokes a local script on each of those machines. Local script localscript.sh on each of those 100 target machines, does some machine specific function like fetch the specific machine's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waavman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Funny but true....

Hallo everybody I am having a shell script called auto_run.sh in that only the first line works. the second line which has sed command is working only at the # prompt. not within the shell script. What could be the reason. *... sed 's/ //g' KTI >abc works in another shell script without the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naushad
6 Replies

3. UNIX Benchmarks

All came back as 'no measured results'

I downloaded bm.zip, unzipped, compiled and run no problem on this SCO OSR 5.0.7, but resulting log shows "no measured results" in all categories. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: migurus
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Funny Quotes-UNIX

If you people find something funny like these go ahead and post it :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyadhar85
5 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny - Had to laugh

Guys, This is funny. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jralph2005/bart.png jaysunn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Old, but still funny

Annoyances.org - Upgrading to Wife 1.0 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

back up command and syntax

what is the back up command to take back up files and syntax (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies
XGFMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XGFMERGE(1)

NAME
xgfmerge - merges two Xgridfit program files SYNOPSIS
xgfmerge [options] file-a file-b [...] DESCRIPTION
Xgfmerge merges two or more Xgridfit program files, where file-a is a program generated automatically from an existing font using TTX and ttx2xgf, and file-b and any other files in the list contain other programming for the font. Xgfmerge outputs the merged programming to stdout. To capture the output in a file, use this syntax: $xgfmerge -o merged-file.xgf file-a.xgf file-b.xgf Note: To merge Xgridfit instructions with those already in a font, the best method is now to run Xgridfit in merge-mode (option -m). OPTIONS
-c Look for a <default type="compile-globals"/> element in each file after the first in the list. If value="no" then ignore all <default>, <control-value>, <function>, <macro> and <pre-program> elements in the file. -h Display a help message. -n Merge <no-compile> elements from all files. <glyph> elements with duplicate "ps-name" attributes are ignored. -o file The file to write the output to. If this option is not used, output is written to stdout. -p When a <pre-program> element in a file other than file-a is available, use it instead of the one from file-a. If this option is not present, xgfmerge merges the programming in the <pre-program> of file-a with that in the <pre-program> of whichever file is being merged at the moment. The result is unlikely to be good if a single run of xgfmerge merges the contents of more than two <pre- program> elements. -s Sort <glyph> elements in the output file into alphabetical order. -v Verbose output: xgfmerge tells you what it is doing at each step. -x Resolve XIncludes before merging all files in the list except for file-a. Any XIncludes from file-a.xgf are stripped out of the files before this operation is performed. If XInclude is used to bring global elements (<control-value>, <function>, etc.) into these files, it is probably a good idea to use the -c option as well. FILES
/usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/merge.xsl An XSLT script that performs the merge. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/xinclude.xsl An XSLT script that strips out unwanted XIncludes. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/sort-glyphs.xsl An XSLT script that sorts glyph elements in a file. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/utils/add-blanks.sed Does some formatting of the output. SEE ALSO
xgridfit(1), ttx(1), ttx2xgf(1). AUTHOR
Xgfmerge was written by Peter Baker <psb6m@virginia.edu>. This manual page was written by Peter Baker 2009-12-18 XGFMERGE(1)