Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Configuring networking interfaces on Solaris 10 Post 87896 by RTM on Friday 28th of October 2005 04:54:10 PM
Old 10-28-2005
See this thread

When you run the dmesg command, you may find your interface but not know it - if it's a Sparc system then look for hme or qfe (possibly some others). But I think you have a Intel with Solaris X86 which the link should help with.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

networking between two solaris workstations

I am trying to network two solaris workstations(ultra sparc 5) at home. what shoud I use to build the one of workstations as a http and ftp server and to network with the other workstation? (please explain to me in detail.. what kind of software or equipment do I need..) Thanks John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding interfaces in solaris 9

Hi, Have a solaris 9 e420, one onboard nic. Now I added a quad nic card. I have never had more than a single interface. Any help on setting this new card up? or links? PLease? ; thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring networking interface on Sun Blade 1500

Hi, I am attempting to configure my ethernet interface on a Sun Blade 1500. I am testing out my network interface my connecting a crossover cable from my blade to a windows box. I would like to assign an ip address of 10.0.0.2 to "bge0" and netmask of "255.0.0.0". I have typed the following: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annointed3
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris networking

may i know what is the command for configure new ip, subnet mask and gateway ?? thanks .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Farbegas
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Networking

I have just installed Solaris 10 for x86. The install seemed to have worked fine, and I have configured my hostname and am able to login and do whatever. However, networking does not seem to have been installed. I have a router which assigns ip address via DHCP. I would have thought Solaris would... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

Solaris Networking - help

Hi all Right, i need to admit Im c4p on networking. I hate it, always have, always will. Here's my problem Ive got 3 hosts. A B and C. I need to directly contact host C from host A, but at the moment I have to ssh on to B, to then ssh on to C. so, I need to set up host b, to forward... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris networking

Hi, I have installed two solaris boxes in an VM. First box is 10-1 Has two interfaces and in connected briged to the lan an d connected internal to an virtual lan. Second box is 10-2 Has one interface. Now what I wanted to do is a setup so that 10-2 connects through 10-1 to the lan.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 8: Multiple primary interfaces connected to the same network

Hello, I have a machine with Solaris 8, and it has multiple interfaces that are connected to the same network which means they all have metric 0 (1 hop) to the default gateway. assume: * e1000g0: 10.1.1.70 * e1000g2: 10.1.1.72 * e1000g4: 10.1.1.74 * e1000g5: 10.1.1.76 * gateway:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeg
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Configuring network interfaces in Solaris11

Hi all, Just istalled Solaris 11. Want to configure network interfaces and got some problems: #dladm show-phys # #dladm show-link # If i run ifconfig -a, i am getting 2 lo0 (loopback) interfaces and thats all. I can't enable interface, can't list it, can't assign IP to it. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
2 Replies
HME(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    HME(4)

NAME
hme -- Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ Ethernet interfaces device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device hme Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_hme_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The hme driver supports Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ ``Happy Meal Ethernet'' Fast Ethernet interfaces. All controllers supported by the hme driver have TCP checksum offload capability for both receive and transmit, support for the reception and transmission of extended frames for vlan(4) and a 128-bit multicast hash filter. HARDWARE
The hme driver supports the on-board Ethernet interfaces of many Sun UltraSPARC workstation and server models. Cards supported by the hme driver include: o Sun PCI SunSwift Adapter (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus SunSwift Adapter (``hme'' and ``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Sun100BaseT Adapter 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus Sun100BaseT 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') o Sun SBus Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') NOTES
On sparc64 the hme driver respects the local-mac-address? system configuration variable which can be set in the Open Firmware boot monitor using the setenv command or by eeprom(8). If set to ``false'' (the default), the hme driver will use the system's default MAC address for all of its devices. If set to ``true'', the unique MAC address of each interface is used if present rather than the system's default MAC address. Supported interfaces having their own MAC address include on-board versions on boards equipped with more than one Ethernet interface and all add-on cards except the single-port SBus versions. SEE ALSO
altq(4), intro(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), vlan(4), eeprom(8), ifconfig(8) Sun Microelectronics, STP2002QFP Fast Ethernet, Parallel Port, SCSI (FEPS) User's Guide, April 1996, http://mediacast.sun.com/users/Barton808/media/STP2002QFP-FEPs_UG.pdf. HISTORY
The hme driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. The first FreeBSD version to include it was FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The hme driver was written by Paul Kranenburg <pk@NetBSD.org>. BSD
June 14, 2009 BSD