Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permanent Default Route
Operating Systems AIX Permanent Default Route Post 87780 by Neo on Thursday 27th of October 2005 02:54:55 PM
Old 10-27-2005
Your OS has files which are excuted when the system boots. You must put systems instructions, like your routing information, in those system boot files.

See this IBM info for AIX boot files.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

permanent route

How do I make a route permanent, other than default route on a Solaris server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jontom
1 Replies

2. AIX

Default route removed - what to do ?

Hi, After accidental default route removal serial connection doesn't work. What should I do to connect to my machine ? thanks Vilius (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
7 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10 u5 what happens if no default route configured

Hi, I am new to solaris 10. What is the procedure the os takes if a default route is not configured? I am using a multihomed server with 4 interfaces. It looked strange to me this morning, because i had not defined a default route it defaulted to making one up, with the ip address of another... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
9 Replies

4. Solaris

how do i make a route entry permanent in the routing table on solaris 8?

how do I make sure that the entry in the routing table on Solaris 8 stay permanent after rebooting the server. For example route add 172.20.1.60 -netmask 255.255.255.0 172.20.255.253 Each time the server reboots the entry disappears when using the command netstat -nr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

5. AIX

Default route question

Hello I have a question regarding default route on AIX servers. (I am using a p5 5.3 TL9 machine). in my output of "lsattr -El inet0" I can see there are two routes like below. route net,-hopcount,0,,0,x.x.207.7 Route True route net,-hopcount,0,,0,x.x.202.129 Route True But... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Default route is configured, but seem to not work

Hiya, I got the default gateway set in /etc/defaultrouter file, however "netstat -nr" doesn't show anything like "default" in the routing table. As far as I know "netstat" on Solaris 10 u7 should show something like : Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
8 Replies

7. IP Networking

DHCP/pxeboot Situation: how to specify default route?

Greetings, I am using debian squeeze to perform the following operation: 1. pxeboot Alix 2.c board into debian installer When I get to the installer my laptop's dhcp server successfully provides an ip address but does not set up the default route. I am not sure how to provide this. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mock
2 Replies

8. AIX

Default Route add fails

AIX version 5.3 when I try to add default gateway # route add 0 192.168.100.254 Or # route add default 192.168.100.254 I get the error 0821-275 route: socket: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. searching on google i came across similar... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Default route in system

Hi All Recently we have faced issue in SUN server after reboot of node 2 default routs has been added to system as below IRE Table: IPv4 **Destination*************Mask***********Gateway**********Device Mxfrg Rtt***Ref Flg**Out**In/Fwd* -------------------- ---------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaysa123
2 Replies
TRACEROUTE6(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    TRACEROUTE6(8)

NAME
traceroute6 -- print the route IPv6 packets will take to a network node SYNOPSIS
traceroute6 [-adIlnNrvU] [-f firsthop] [-g gateway] [-m hoplimit] [-p port] [-q probes] [-s src] [-w waittime] [-A as_server] target [datalen] DESCRIPTION
The traceroute6 utility uses the IPv6 protocol hop limit field to elicit an ICMPv6 TIME_EXCEEDED response from each gateway along the path to some host. The only mandatory parameter is the destination host name or IPv6 address. The default probe datagram carries 12 bytes of payload, in addi- tion to the IPv6 header. The size of the payload can be specified by giving a length (in bytes) after the destination host name. Other options are: -a Turn on AS# lookups for each hop encountered. -A as_server Turn on AS# lookups and use the given server instead of the default. -d Debug mode. -f firsthop Specify how many hops to skip in trace. -g gateway Specify intermediate gateway (traceroute6 uses routing header). -I Use ICMP6 ECHO instead of UDP datagrams. -l Print both host hostnames and numeric addresses. Normally traceroute6 prints only hostnames if -n is not specified, and only numeric addresses if -n is specified. -m hoplimit Specify maximum hoplimit, up to 255. The default is 30 hops. -n Do not resolve numeric address to hostname. -N Use a packet with no upper layer header for the probes, instead of UDP datagrams. -p port Set UDP port number to port. -q probes Set the number of probe per hop count to probes. -r Bypass the normal routing tables and send directly to a host on an attached network. If the host is not on a directly-connected net- work, an error is returned. This option corresponds to the SO_DONTROUTE socket option; it can be used to ping a local host through an interface that has no route through it (e.g., after the interface was dropped by a routing daemon). -s src Src specifies the source IPv6 address to be used. -U Use UDP datagrams for the probes. This is the default. -v Be verbose. -w waittime Specify the delay time between probes. This program prints the route to the given destination and the round-trip time to each gateway, in the same manner as traceroute. Here is a list of possible annotations after the round-trip time for each gateway: !N Destination Unreachable - No Route to Host. !P Destination Unreachable - Administratively Prohibited. !S Destination Unreachable - Not a Neighbour. !A Destination Unreachable - Address Unreachable. ! This is printed if the hop limit is <= 1 on a port unreachable message. This means that the packet got to the destination, but that the reply had a hop limit that was just large enough to allow it to get back to the source of the traceroute6. This was more interesting in the IPv4 case, where some IP stack bugs could be identified by this behaviour. EXIT STATUS
The traceroute6 utility will exit with 0 on success, and non-zero on errors. SEE ALSO
ping(8), ping6(8), traceroute(8) HISTORY
The traceroute6 utility first appeared in WIDE hydrangea IPv6 protocol stack kit. BSD
August 24, 2009 BSD