Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script? Post 87703 by forevercalz on Thursday 27th of October 2005 01:30:56 AM
Old 10-27-2005
ok thanks! however, now i need to put all the text files in a directory over to the other server. The directories contains other files beside text files. i only need to put text files. I now only manage to put a single text file to the other server. I also have error in my coding.....

Heres my coding:
set FILENAME = /local/filename.log

ftp -v -n "myipadd" << cmd
user "user" "passwd"
cd /remote/FTP
lcd /local/ ssh_install

ls -1 *.txt $local_path > $FILENAME

put $FILENAME
quit
cmd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to ftp from windows server

Hello All, I've to write a shell script to transfer some files to/from windows server. I can put & get files simply by doing ftp but need to automate this. So I tried for this -. HOST=.hostname USER='username' PASSWD='***' ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa.rajput
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from Linux to windows server by shell script

Hi, Please advice whether my below requirement is feasible, My requirement : Automated FTP from linux server to windows server using a shell script on every monday. If feasible, please help me how to do this ? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for FTP a file from one server to another server

Hi Can any one help me for script. I need a script and this script has to execute daily to move the files. FTP from one server to another server EX: Sep 10 06:24 abc.txt Sep 11 06.56 abc.txt Sep 12 08.23 abc.txt these files are located at a/b/c/e/f in 123 server and copy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahantysk
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp files from one server to another using shell script

Hi Guys Any Help I have created a spool file that i need to copy onto another server using FTP in a shell script both servers are linux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itai
3 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Shell script to get all the files from FTP server

Hi Guru's, I am new to UNIX. my requirement is to log on to FTP server and get all the .txt files. i have developed one script by searching some forums but getting error and not able to fix them. pls see below code. ftp -i-n<<EOF open $FTP_HOST... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
30 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script?

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script? I have four files to be FTP'ed from remote server. They are of the following format. build1_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build2_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build3_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt buifile_count_mmddyyyy.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran_affu
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move the older than 30 file to another ftp server

Hi All I need to move the older than 30 days file to another ftp server. I have source structure like this Files folder Folder1 Folder2 Folder3 I need to create same Target structure and I need to move the older than 30 day file to another ftp server, can you please suggest me how I develop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murari83.ds
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi , Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file. We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

10. Open Source

Shell script file movement to a Mail Box server using ftp commands

Hi All, I have a current Process that runs "windows script " for the file movement that needs to changed to a "DataStage Process (Using shell script )" Source :Text file is getting generated as part of Datastage Jobs processes and resides in a shared drive (Unix server) Target :ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
2 Replies
INFO(1) 							   User Commands							   INFO(1)

NAME
info - read Info documents SYNOPSIS
info [OPTION]... [MENU-ITEM...] DESCRIPTION
Read documentation in Info format. OPTIONS
--apropos=STRING look up STRING in all indices of all manuals. -d, --directory=DIR add DIR to INFOPATH. --dribble=FILENAME remember user keystrokes in FILENAME. -f, --file=FILENAME specify Info file to visit. -h, --help display this help and exit. --index-search=STRING go to node pointed by index entry STRING. -n, --node=NODENAME specify nodes in first visited Info file. -o, --output=FILENAME output selected nodes to FILENAME. -R, --raw-escapes output "raw" ANSI escapes (default). --no-raw-escapes output escapes as literal text. --restore=FILENAME read initial keystrokes from FILENAME. -O, --show-options, --usage go to command-line options node. --subnodes recursively output menu items. -w, --where, --location print physical location of Info file. --vi-keys use vi-like and less-like key bindings. --version display version information and exit. The first non-option argument, if present, is the menu entry to start from; it is searched for in all `dir' files along INFOPATH. If it is not present, info merges all `dir' files and shows the result. Any remaining arguments are treated as the names of menu items relative to the initial node visited. EXAMPLES
info show top-level dir menu info emacs start at emacs node from top-level dir info emacs buffers start at buffers node within emacs manual info --show-options emacs start at node with emacs' command line options info -f ./foo.info show file ./foo.info, not searching dir REPORTING BUGS
Email bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. Texinfo home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. info 4.8 December 2004 INFO(1)