Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gcc for solaris 2.6
Top Forums Programming gcc for solaris 2.6 Post 8768 by rachael on Wednesday 17th of October 2001 12:52:32 PM
Old 10-17-2001
Hi Jennifer,

What version of gcc did you end up installing? gcc 2.95.3 or 3.0.1? It does not seem as if the website mentioned of any differences between the two.

I am about to install it but not sure which version should work best for me.

Thanks,

RachaelSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GCC (solaris)

I packed gcc to /usr/local/ with pkgadd and when I wan't to compile a c code file it says gcc: no file how do I configure gcc on Solaris 8 plz help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gcc installation in solaris 8

Hi, I am having trouble installing gcc 3.4.2-sol8-sparc-local in my sparc machine running solaris 8. It looks like I do not have enough memory in /var , but I have about 3GB free memory in /export/home. I have read some suggestion from previous threads that said it is possible to link /var and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prosper
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Install GCC on Solaris 8

Hi, I tried to install apache web server on solaris 8 and was prompted that i do not have any valid compiler. I tried to install GCC on solaris 8 using the command #pkgadd -d gcc-2.95.2-sol17-sparc-local (hit enter). May I know how I should set the environment variables to make it work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc-3.4.4 build on solaris 10 failing please help

I am building gcc-3.4.4 on sol-10 and getting the following error. my configure is going well but failing in the build stage *** checking for windres... windres checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no updating cache ./config.cache creating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help in building gcc on solaris.

We are moving from old solaris to new version of solaris. I have copied the gcc compiler installed on old server to new solaris server. But just copying didn't work. So I am trying to build it on the new server. The server version is sailfish@st-kvar02 -> uname -a SunOS st-kvar02 5.10... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalina.hv
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing gcc 2.8.1 on Solaris 10

Folks - This may sound like a newbee question - and it is. But a project that I'm managing is under a time crunch and I need a quick answer. IS it possible to install gcc 2.8.1 on a Solaris 10 Sun box? We have some old libraries that need that version of the compiler in order to work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peridot
2 Replies

7. Solaris

gcc -3.4.6 solaris installation error

Hi , I am installing gcc 3.4.6 on SunOS labcvs001sm 5.9 Generic_117171-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10 . The isa info is 'sparcv'. I have the following with me a)gcc-3.4.6.tar b)gcc-3.4.6-sol9-sparc-local c)libiconv-1.11-sol9-sparc-local d) binutils-2.18.tar.gz e)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu2die4
8 Replies

8. Solaris

gcc not working on Solaris 10

I have a very simple c++ program like: > cat easy_gcc.cc #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/ipc.h> #include <sys/shm.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <ctype.h> int debugging = 1; int main() { printf ("This is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony123
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Help with installing gcc on Solaris 10

I want to install gcc for Solaris 10 to an alternate location besides /usr/local/bin, so I can't use the pre-compiled package from sunfreeware.com. So I assume I need to compile gcc for myself and specify --prefix. How can I accomplish this? Am I pretty much out of luck trying to compile... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srhadden
3 Replies

10. Solaris

gcc problem on Solaris

I just installed gcc from the latest package at sunfreeware.com using pkgadd. I write a simple 'Hello World!' program to test it. I try to compile it and I get this error: rockstar# gcc hello.c -o hello ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
0 Replies
HARDENED-LD(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						    HARDENED-LD(1)

NAME
hardened-ld - linker wrapper to enforce hardening toolchain improvements SYNOPSIS
export DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 ld ... DESCRIPTION
The hardened-ld wrapper is normally used by calling ld as usual with DEB_BUILD_HARDENING set to 1. It will configure the necessary toolchain hardening features. By default, all features are enabled. If a given feature does not work correctly and needs to be disabled, the corresponding environment variables mentioned below can be set to 0. ENVIRONMENT
DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 Enable hardening features. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_DEBUG=1 Print the full resulting gcc command line to STDERR before calling gcc. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_RELRO=0 Don't mark ELF sections read-only after start. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_BINDNOW=0 Don't mark ELF loader for start-up dynamic resolution. See README.Debian for details. NOTES
System-wide settings can be added to /etc/hardening-wrapper.conf, one per line. The real ld is renamed ld.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus hardened-ld's idea of the default ld is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/ld. SEE ALSO
hardened-cc(1) ld(1) Debian Project 2008-01-08 HARDENED-LD(1)