Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Which application has a TCP socket open Post 87553 by Perderabo on Tuesday 25th of October 2005 12:37:39 PM
Old 10-25-2005
Use the public domain program called lsof.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Confusion about TCP/IP socket programming

Hello there chaps. First of all, i'm no TCP/IP-wiz, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've been messing around with filetransfer using sockets, and there is one thing that confuses me. This is how it's set up: A server app listens on a port for a client connection. When it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crippe
3 Replies

2. AIX

TCP/IP socket binding problem

I have what appears to be a unique socket problem, although admittedly my tcp/ip programming experience is relatively limited. I have a AIX server process using TCP/IP berkely sockets, and a Windows (C#) process. The windows process takes input from a user and sends a message to the Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adiaconou
1 Replies

3. Programming

problem receiving data from TCP socket

Hi all, I'm writing a socket program which sends a structure from one machine to another. When I run my client first time it runs well, however after the first time I couldn't receive all the data inside the structure (it is like, half of the array is received and the other half is not set). I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

5. Programming

Using socket to test a TCP port

Hello, I'm trying to write a small c application to test a tcp port. This works fine for the most part but the default timeout on the connect is very long. I have been reading many posts but and it looks like I need to set the socket to be non-blocking and poll for a result. I have been totally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjones1105
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Packets sent from Linux TCP socket

Hello, Our software is using a TCP socket (AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM) to communicate with an Ethernet device. When we send a message, the message object writes itself in full onto the socket's stream buffer before the software invokes send() from socket.h. I'm still researching, but have 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bix_20002000
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and write to tcp socket

Hello all, I have a requirement to read and write to a tcp socket from an HP-UX shell script. I see a /dev/tcp character device on my servers: crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 72 0x00004f Mar 28 18:37 /dev/tcp So I believe this is what I should use. The problem is that all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Tcp Socket (Connection refused) to my server box

I installed a fresh copy of Solaris 7 and present up my ip and domain for my web services but when I try to connect to it I get the following error; TCPActiveOpen: connect failed tcp/192.168.1.148/7900: 146 (Connection refused). the port is open in my router but I don't no were to add it in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing TCP-MUX protocol socket help required.

I been looking for a good guide or some help on how to install and setup TCP-MUX protocol socket on my Solaris 7 servers. Can anyone point me in right direction of help me ? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
5 Replies

10. AIX

How to repair a TCP/IP socket in state: CLOSE_WAIT?

Hi The clients connect to my server -using port 9130. But no client could connect to my server at this time. I've checked already and this is the result netstat -Aan|grep -v 127.0.0.1|grep 9130|pg f10006000abcb398 tcp4 10313 0 10.0.89.81.9130 10.158.70.24.1705 CLOSE_WAIT... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies
ZMQ_TERM(3)							    0MQ Manual							       ZMQ_TERM(3)

NAME
zmq_term - terminate 0MQ context SYNOPSIS
int zmq_term (void *context); DESCRIPTION
The zmq_term() function shall terminate the 0MQ context context. Context termination is performed in the following steps: 1. Any blocking operations currently in progress on sockets open within context shall return immediately with an error code of ETERM. With the exception of zmq_close(), any further operations on sockets open within context shall fail with an error code of ETERM. 2. After interrupting all blocking calls, zmq_term() shall block until the following conditions are satisfied: o All sockets open within context have been closed with zmq_close(). o For each socket within context, all messages sent by the application with zmq_send() have either been physically transferred to a network peer, or the socket's linger period set with the ZMQ_LINGER socket option has expired. For further details regarding socket linger behaviour refer to the ZMQ_LINGER option in zmq_setsockopt(3). RETURN VALUE
The zmq_term() function shall return zero if successful. Otherwise it shall return -1 and set errno to one of the values defined below. ERRORS
EFAULT The provided context was invalid. EINTR Termination was interrupted by a signal. It can be restarted if needed. SEE ALSO
zmq(7) zmq_init(3) zmq_close(3) zmq_setsockopt(3) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the 0MQ community. 0MQ 2.2.0 04/04/2012 ZMQ_TERM(3)