Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X - Windows
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers X - Windows Post 8750 by guest100 on Wednesday 17th of October 2001 10:30:35 AM
Old 10-17-2001
Can you please be a bit more specific>????

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startX windows application during boot.....putty connection takes the windows

Dear all i am new to linux/debian i run my application on the computer...during startup in bashrc i wrk wid dis script to invoke startx..i do this above command and it works perfectly... if && ; then startx -- -br 1>/dev/null exit 0 fi i use winscp for file transfer and putty for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_330
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
ddi_dma_cookie(9S)					    Data Structures for Drivers 					ddi_dma_cookie(9S)

NAME
ddi_dma_cookie - DMA address cookie SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sunddi.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
The ddi_dma_cookie_t structure contains DMA address information required to program a DMA engine. The structure is filled in by a call to ddi_dma_getwin(9F), ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), or ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), to get device-specific DMA transfer information for a DMA request or a DMA window. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
typedef struct { union { uint64_t _dmac_ll; /* 64 bit DMA address */ uint32_t _dmac_la[2]; /* 2 x 32 bit address */ } _dmu; size_t dmac_size; /* DMA cookie size */ uint_t dmac_type; /* bus specific type bits */ } ddi_dma_cookie_t; You can access the DMA address through the #defines: dmac_address for 32-bit addresses and dmac_laddress for 64-bit addresses. These macros are defined as follows: #define dmac_laddress _dmu._dmac_ll #ifdef _LONG_LONG_HTOL #define dmac_notused _dmu._dmac_la[0] #define dmac_address _dmu._dmac_la[1] #else #define dmac_address _dmu._dmac_la[0] #define dmac_notused _dmu._dmac_la[1] #endif dmac_laddress specifies a 64-bit I/O address appropriate for programming the device's DMA engine. If a device has a 64-bit DMA address reg- ister a driver should use this field to program the DMA engine. dmac_address specifies a 32-bit I/O address. It should be used for devices that have a 32-bit DMA address register. The I/O address range that the device can address and other DMA attributes have to be specified in a ddi_dma_attr(9S) structure. dmac_size describes the length of the transfer in bytes. dmac_type contains bus-specific type bits, if appropriate. For example, a device on a PCI bus has PCI address modifier bits placed here. SEE ALSO
pci(4), sbus(4), sysbus(4), ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_getwin(9F), ddi_dma_nextcookie(9F), ddi_dma_attr(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 30 Sep 1996 ddi_dma_cookie(9S)