Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to implement read/write thread Post 87419 by parasa on Monday 24th of October 2005 02:35:37 AM
Old 10-24-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpi_gup
How to implement read/write thread. This has to implemented at server side ar at client side?
Depends on your application.
If the client and server talk to each other then u need to have read, write on both sides.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to implement the Listener thread

Listener thread is maintained at server side : I have Implemented as: /* specify queue */ listen(sockfd, 5); while (1) { clilen = sizeof(cli_addr); newsockfd = accept(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *) &cli_addr, &clilen); if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpi_gup
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Can we write a multiple thread to receive from a single socket file descriptor

Hi Friends, I have written a program which will listener for more than 1000 requests per second from a single socket descriptor and then it will process those requestes. Its taking X amount of time. Now i want to reduce that time. Will I can write multiple threads to receive the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa.chidhambaram
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Gud to read u r Thread

Hi Neo , I was searching for Unix Certifications on Google and got u r thread: "unix-certification-most-needed-these-days.html" It was a gr8 read. Nice to know ur thoughts.. I m also a newbie to this Unix world and had a gr8 interst in it. I m learning shell scripting and other basics. Would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paras.oriental
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from a file in unix(Continue from previous thread)

Hi This is continuation of previos thread status=running username=abc password=123456 server=linux The script was made which is used to capture the data from file ./scr test status It will give result running I have a case like status = running username=abc password=123456... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
14 Replies
rrpc_shutdown(3ncs)													       rrpc_shutdown(3ncs)

Name
       rrpc_shutdown - shut down a server

Syntax
       #include <idl/c/rrpc.h>

void rrpc_$shutdown(handle, status)
       handle_t handle;
       status_$t *status;

Arguments
       handle A remote procedure call (RPC) handle.

status The completion status.  If the completion status returned in is equal to status_$ok , then the routine that supplied it was success-
	      ful.

Description
       The routine shuts down a server, if the server allows it.  A server can use the routine to allow or disallow remote shutdown.

Diagnostics
       This section lists status codes for errors returned by this routine in

rrpc_$shutdown_not_allowd
	      You send an request to a server that has not issued an call.

Restrictions
       On the client side, because of the way the calls are defined and implemented in the run-time library you  must  explicitly  call  into  the
       entry  point  vector  table  for  the  interface to send an request across the network. The following is an example of a call that works as
       desired:
       (*rrpc_$client_epv.rrpc_$shutdown)(handle, &status);

The server side stub routine calls the entry point on behalf of the client.  The results of the call are then passed back to the client.

Before making the shutdown call, the server must have previously executed the following call:
       rpc_$allow_remote_shutdown((unsigned long) TRUE,NULL,&status);

If the server has not allowed remote shutdown, the call returns an status code.

Files
See Also
       intro(3ncs), rpc_allow_remote_shutdown(3ncs), rpc_shutdown(3ncs)

rrpc_shutdown(3ncs)