Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NIM server setup (AIX 5.3)
Operating Systems AIX NIM server setup (AIX 5.3) Post 87304 by dshg on Saturday 22nd of October 2005 06:32:45 AM
Old 10-22-2005
Question NIM server setup (AIX 5.3)

Hi, I'a a new member here.
My company just bought p570 with 8 LPAR (previously we have p650 with 4 LPAR).
Did anyone have procedure how to setup NIM server (NIM LPAR) and how to install other new LPAR to use the NIM server (as client).
Appreciate your help and thank you very much.

Rgds,
David

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Setup NIM - need help please

Hi guys, I have a system with the last version of AIX 5.3ML2 on which I installed nim master (nim_master_setup). After the installation (NIM master setup is complete - enjoy! I like this message :D ) , I check the level of my systems it looks bad some filesets are missing for ML1 and ML2 (and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: touny
1 Replies

2. AIX

Print server setup on AIX

Hi, I'm very new to AIX, I have to setup a D-Link print server with HP Laserjet 1300 printer on AIX, any body can guide me thru simple steps to acheive this, like how to install print server, driver and then which services i have to restart after adding the print server all this kind of stuff. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patras
1 Replies

3. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

4. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to setup Thinclient server and client in AIX

Hi, I want to setup Thinclient server-clinet in AIX. How I can do that? In linux I do it with LTSP. Can LTSP works with AIX? Thanks Neelesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
2 Replies

6. AIX

How will do migration through NIM server in AIX

Can any one help..... How will do migration through NIM server? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
4 Replies

7. AIX

Setup Window server to accept AIX SFTP client

To all the expert out there, I have successfully setup a AIX to AIX auto-SFTP with no password requested. Now my aim is to setup a AIX to Window auto-SFTP with no password requested as well. But I faced some problem that I do not know how to solve it. I have followed the setting of AIX's... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
8 Replies

8. AIX

NIM thread error in AIX 5.3 server !

Friends , In our production server , we are using oracle10g in IBM AIX 5.3 unix server. From last 7 days , I got the below error : ------------------------------ LABEL: TS_NIM_ERROR_STUCK_ IDENTIFIER: 864D2CE3 Date/Time: Mon Sep 7 19:34:38 NOVST 2009 Sequence Number:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

9. AIX

Migrating a NIM Server to AIX 6.1

Guys, We are planning to upgrade one of our NIM server to AIX 6.1 from 5.3... Since the server itself is a NIM Server we can't perform it via NIM & I'm choosing to do CD install.. The Install method would be Upgrade installation. Is there anything special that I need to consider before... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
5 Replies

10. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies
TINYMUX-INSTALL(1)					      General Commands Manual						TINYMUX-INSTALL(1)

NAME
tinymux-install - installer for the tinymux flavor mush server SYNOPSIS
tinymux-install [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tinymux-install command. It was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. tinymux-install is a program that installs the tinymux server in the user directory from which it is ran. It provides all necessary data and configuration files for each user account it is setup for, as well as the restart script needed to initiate an instance of the tinymux server process. tinymux-install itself should only be run once per user to install the necessary files and links. All updating of the tinymux server should be done on a global level by the system administrator. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ervin Hearn III <noltar@korongil.net>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tinymux(6) October 25, 2004 TINYMUX-INSTALL(1)