Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mail going to /var/spool/mqueue instead of being sent Post 87283 by mschwage on Friday 21st of October 2005 09:41:48 PM
Old 10-21-2005
22! Sounds like you need a bigger server!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/spool/mqueue !!!

I keep having this msg on my SunOS console : Jun 29 08:57:40 bersimis sendmail: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 0, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue) I tried to make some space by deleting the files in it, but the msg came back ... Any tips ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wingman21
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NOQUEUE: low on space ( have 0, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue)

hi, I'm in Solaris 2.8 env. When i'm trying to add a ftp user account , encountered "no space in disk" .. couldn't create any user. Then check the fs disk space with "df - k " and /var/adm/syslog .. got the below message. Jun 9 03:10:53 mail sendmail: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 0,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolly
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

in var/spool/mail, same entry with different users....

i am on aix, in the /var/spool/mail ,i have an entry as below, after doing a ls -ltr -rw-rw---- 1 ai mail 3898 Sep 02 11:26 mei -rw-rw---- 1 root mail 22900 Nov 08 14:55 root shouldnt the ai and mei be the same just like root, root? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I delete the file var/spool/mail/news?

The file var/spool/mail/news has grown very large and takes up too much space. Can I delete this without any problem? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennisheazle
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I read mail in /var/spool/mail?

How can I read mail sent to /var/spool/mail? I do not have pine installed so forget about that...is there some generic utility I can use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/VAR/SPOOL/MAIL question

Hi, We have all the user account in a home direcory where their mail is stored and retrieved by email clients. We do however have /var/spool/mail with all the user accounts in it as well Our sendmail.cf is configured to use /var/spool/mqueue as the queue so .what is /var/spool/mail being used... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail /VAR/SPOOL/MAIL

Hi, First Question: In our company our users have their mailboxes in /var/spool/mail When I look at the users file it seems as if every email sent/received is in that user file! Is this because IMAP is being used or is that just how sendmail works? Second Question: How is that when I create... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/spool/mail

Hi, How can i get my mail on either /var/spool/mail or /var/mail? I use mail and sendmail command to send mail. But everytime I send mail it comes to my outlook inbox and when I check with mail command I get the message "No mail for siba". (Note siba is my user Id.) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

9. AIX

/var/spool/mail/ issues

Hi My box is running with AIX 6100-06 and Im the root user of this box My /var gets filled up often to 100% When I investigate I find that it is the below file which increases rapidly /var/spool/mail/pdgadmin I dont know why this file is growing up. Can any one assist me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

10. Solaris

/var/spool/mqueue issue

Hi guys . I have a solaris machine serving as a DNS server for my environment. Everytime I go into /var/spool/mqueue , there are an aweful lot of emails with names likes: qfqB6ChrpL006644. When I cat the file , I get the following output: H??Received: from machine.domain.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies
fields(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       fields(3pm)

NAME
fields - compile-time class fields SYNOPSIS
{ package Foo; use fields qw(foo bar _Foo_private); sub new { my Foo $self = shift; unless (ref $self) { $self = fields::new($self); $self->{_Foo_private} = "this is Foo's secret"; } $self->{foo} = 10; $self->{bar} = 20; return $self; } } my Foo $var = Foo::->new; $var->{foo} = 42; # this will generate a compile-time error $var->{zap} = 42; # subclassing { package Bar; use base 'Foo'; use fields qw(baz _Bar_private); # not shared with Foo sub new { my $class = shift; my $self = fields::new($class); $self->SUPER::new(); # init base fields $self->{baz} = 10; # init own fields $self->{_Bar_private} = "this is Bar's secret"; return $self; } } DESCRIPTION
The "fields" pragma enables compile-time verified class fields. NOTE: The current implementation keeps the declared fields in the %FIELDS hash of the calling package, but this may change in future ver- sions. Do not update the %FIELDS hash directly, because it must be created at compile-time for it to be fully useful, as is done by this pragma. If a typed lexical variable holding a reference is used to access a hash element and a package with the same name as the type has declared class fields using this pragma, then the operation is turned into an array access at compile time. The related "base" pragma will combine fields from base classes and any fields declared using the "fields" pragma. This enables field inheritance to work properly. Field names that start with an underscore character are made private to the class and are not visible to subclasses. Inherited fields can be overridden but will generate a warning if used together with the "-w" switch. The effect of all this is that you can have objects with named fields which are as compact and as fast arrays to access. This only works as long as the objects are accessed through properly typed variables. If the objects are not typed, access is only checked at run time. The following functions are supported: new fields::new() creates and blesses a pseudo-hash comprised of the fields declared using the "fields" pragma into the specified class. This makes it possible to write a constructor like this: package Critter::Sounds; use fields qw(cat dog bird); sub new { my Critter::Sounds $self = shift; $self = fields::new($self) unless ref $self; $self->{cat} = 'meow'; # scalar element @$self{'dog','bird'} = ('bark','tweet'); # slice return $self; } phash fields::phash() can be used to create and initialize a plain (unblessed) pseudo-hash. This function should always be used instead of creating pseudo-hashes directly. If the first argument is a reference to an array, the pseudo-hash will be created with keys from that array. If a second argument is supplied, it must also be a reference to an array whose elements will be used as the values. If the second array contains less elements than the first, the trailing elements of the pseudo-hash will not be initialized. This makes it particularly useful for creating a pseudo-hash from subroutine arguments: sub dogtag { my $tag = fields::phash([qw(name rank ser_num)], [@_]); } fields::phash() also accepts a list of key-value pairs that will be used to construct the pseudo hash. Examples: my $tag = fields::phash(name => "Joe", rank => "captain", ser_num => 42); my $pseudohash = fields::phash(%args); SEE ALSO
base, "Pseudo-hashes: Using an array as a hash" in perlref perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 fields(3pm)