Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 2 users on the same server (rexec) Post 87207 by bakunin on Friday 21st of October 2005 06:04:23 AM
Old 10-21-2005
Do not use rexec and DO NOT USE .netrc-files at all, they are a severe security hole.

Install ssh on all machine (download at www.bullfreeware.com for instance), exchange keys and then issue:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

ssh remoteserver -l userA "who am i"

ssh remoteserver -l userB "who am i"

exit 0

Hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

expect (re: rexec)

In http://forums.unix.com/showthread.php?threadid=391 there is one statement called expect. but when I issue command whereis expect, respond from o/s only EXPECT: (only one world). I try to find it at /usr/bin, no expect statement there ? is it default unix o/s command ? I am using AIX on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yatno
1 Replies

2. Programming

rexec() function problem

Hi folks, I'm trying to make a reconnection algorithm using rexec(), but I noticed that when rexec() fails returning -1, it is impossible to make it run successfully again until you restart the program or the thread. Example, I have a endless loop for connection retries, if I supply a wrong... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcmoreno
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enabling Rexec ????

Can someone tell me how I would enable Rexec on a UNIX machine? And is the procedure different on the different systems - Solaris, HP-UX -etc. Thanks~!! mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raichuu
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Rexec

How is rexec enabled on a Solaris 8? How can I check if rexec is installed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmj1970
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reagrding REXEC command

Hi UNIX gurus..... have a doubt..can i run a script in a remote machine by using something like rexec add.corp.afg.com /aa/ss/remtescript I dont want to use the rsh command due to some security issues. thanx, rahul26 :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul26
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

launching script via REXEC

Hi folks! my client uses an winapplication which is launching shell-scripts remotely on a HP-Unix Machine via Rexec. The application-configuration is launching the script (which is in the home directory of connecting user) like: rexec host user pass shell.sh So far so good, everything... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnMurdoch
3 Replies

7. AIX

rexec - other options?

Rexec executes commands one at a time on a remote host. The rexec command provides an automatic login feature by checking for a $HOME/.netrc file. User and password are stored in $HOME/.netrc. I would like to log on to another host and execute a script/command but not using $HOME/.netrc file,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ioniCoder
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

when users ftp to server the timezone reflected is UTC but the server is set to TZ in localtime

Guys, Need your help coz my server runs in local time GMT +8, but when client use ftp and login, the resulting timestamp seen in each file is in UTC format. We need to set that the time should be the same as GMT +8 when in ftp session. I am using RHEL 5.3. root@]# ll total 1740... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shtobias
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rexec Issue

Hi Team, I am executing some ksh scripts which inturn calls java files in AIX Environment. We have installed java6_64 which is in .profile. But when we execute from rexec its taking path from some different place that does not have java in $PATH variable. Can you please help me find out which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramani04
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Slow login with rexec.

Hi all, I´m replacing an old linux enterprise redhat 4.5 by a new one linux enterprise redhat 6. In both I use rexec as a communication between the front end and the user. In the old one, when the user connects, the communication establishes quickly (less than 3 sec). But in the new one, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
1 Replies
ssh-import-id(1)						    ssh-import							  ssh-import-id(1)

NAME
ssh-import-id - retrieve one or more public keys from a public keyserver (Launchpad.net by default) and append them to the current user's authorized_keys file (or some other specified file) SYNOPSIS
ssh-import-id [options] USER_ID_1 [USER_ID_2] ... [USER_ID_n] OPTIONS
-h | --help usage -o | --output F write output to file 'F' (default ~/.ssh/authorized_keys, use "-" for standard out) DESCRIPTION
This utility will securely contact a public keyserver (https://launchpad.net by default) and retrieve one or more user's public keys, and append these to the current user's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file. The system administrator can change the source URL used by ssh-import-id(1) by editing the configuration file, /etc/ssh/ssh_import_id, which is sourced to obtain the value of URL. By default, URL="https://launchpad.net/~%s/+sshkeys". Note that this url really MUST be a secure, https url with a valid, signed certificate or else your system will be vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks! The "%s" will be populated by ssh-import-id(1) with the value(s) of USER_ID_1 [USER_ID_2] ... [USER_ID_n]. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) FILES
/etc/ssh/ssh_import_id AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility was written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@canonical.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Per- mission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. ssh-import 23 Feb 2010 ssh-import-id(1)