Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: When is SIGCHLD is raised.
Top Forums Programming When is SIGCHLD is raised. Post 87182 by supersumanth on Friday 21st of October 2005 12:10:51 AM
Old 10-21-2005
MySQL

OH!! My state is Smilie
Lot of stuff on SIGCHLD, Thanks for the response.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help with SIGCHLD

Hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum. I have a program that has a child process that sleeps for 5 second and exit. I'm suppose to modify this program so that when the child exits, the parent reports the exit status of the child, so I also have to deal with SIGINT and SIGQUIT. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unlimited Sky
1 Replies

2. Programming

signal handler for SIGCHLD

Hi, I have an c++ application which uses the function fork and execvp(). The parent does not wait until the child ends. The parents just creates children and let them do their stuff. You can see the parent program as a batch-manager. I have added a SIGCHLD handler to the program: void... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jens
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About SIGCHLD

When the SIGCHLD is sent? SIGCHLD is sent either a child exits spontaneously (e.g. exit(0)) or it is killed ? thank you in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically answer a question raised by a command

i have installed vmware on a text base linux node now i have to vmware-configure.pl to do the initial configuration now 1st step it askes for agreeing for a " License Agreement" for that i have to say "q" and "yes" to Accept it i want to run a script with does these 3 steps... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who sent the process SIGCHLD ?

I want to know whicj process send the signal SIGCHLD to the parent's child. Thank you in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puntino
1 Replies

6. Programming

SIGCHLD trace problem

Hello, I'd like to know whether it is possible to let the parent know who kills its child process. The case is likely as below: if there are four processes, we call them A, B, C and D. B is the child of A, and can be killed by both C and D. if B is killed, then A will receive SIGCHLD from B.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating array raised an error

Hi, The following test case populate an array named: array3. Since array1 and array2 are equal in length and values array3 will remain empty. #!/usr/bin/ksh test() { set -A array1 "A" set -A array2 "A" NUM_1=`echo ${#array1}` print "num elenemt in NUM_1 is ${NUM_1}" i=1 for ELE2 in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

8. Programming

SIGCHLD interrupts its own handler

Hi. I have a program whose job it is to manage 15 child processes. Sometimes these children die (sometimes deliberately other times with a SEGV). This causes a SIGCHLD to be sent to my program which uses waitpid() in the signal handler to gather information and, in most cases, restart the child.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrichemont
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using SIGCHLD

I'm testing out how to use SIGCHLD and I had a question about intercepting the signal and executing an action in the signal handler. signal(SIGCHLD,countdown); What I'm trying to achieve is be able to printf(Hello) every second that child is set to sleep. I'm setting sleep = 3; so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
1 Replies
RMCPING(8)						      System Manager Commands							RMCPING(8)

NAME
rmcpping - send RMCP Ping to network hosts SYNOPSIS
rmcpping [OPTION...] destination DESCRIPTION
rmcpping uses the RMCP Ping request datagram to elicit an RMCP Pong response from a remote host. The utility can be used to verify if a remote host supports RMCP or IPMI. The initial starting sequence number will be randomized. rmcpping will return 0 to the environment if it receives atleast 1 response from the remote host. Otherwise, it exits with a value of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are available -h Output help menu. -V Output version. -c count Stop after sending count packets. -i interval Wait interval seconds between sending each packet. The default is to wait for one second between each packet. -I interface address Set source address to specified interface address. Argument may be numeric IP address or name of device. -t timeout Time to wait for a response, in seconds. Default is five seconds. -v Verbose output. -s num Specify an initial starting sequence number. The default is to use a random initial sequence number. -d Turn on debugging. KNOWN ISSUES
It has been observed that some remote BMCs can get "confused" and delay packet responses if duplicate packets (with duplicate sequence num- bers) are sent in succession very quickly. There is no known way to cleanly deal with a "confused" BMC other than the wait awhile. Unlike ping(8), local network devicess (e.g. 127.0.0.1) cannot be "pinged". REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <freeipmi-users@gnu.org> or <freeipmi-devel@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Copyright (C) 2003-2007 The Regents of the University of California. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. ORIGIN
Command and manpage based off ping(8). SEE ALSO
freeipmi(7), ping(8), ipmiping(8) http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ rmcpping 1.1.5 2012-06-15 RMCPING(8)