Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How can I get a processor's CPU Percentage? Post 8717 by sangjinn on Wednesday 17th of October 2001 01:31:19 AM
Old 10-17-2001
because..

first of all..
thanks for your kindly reply..

I want to know about getting cpu percentage not use structure
because in SCO-UNIX, there is no cpu percentage ..but only
cpu time ( timestruc_t pr_utime; )
so.. I asked get that percantage without structure..

I can get get cpu percentage in HP-UX using pstat.h..
but.. How can I get cpu percentage in SCO-UNIX ??

/** SCO-UNIX , procfs.h **/
typedef struct pstatus {
pid_t pr_pid; /* Process id */
pid_t pr_ppid; /* Parent process id */
pid_t pr_pgid; /* Process group id */
pid_t pr_sid; /* Session id */
timestruc_t pr_utime; /* Process user cpu time */
timestruc_t pr_stime; /* Process system cpu time */
timestruc_t pr_cutime; /* Sum of children's user times */
timestruc_t pr_cstime; /* Sum of children's system times */
sigset_t pr_sigtrace; /* Mask of traced signals */
fltset_t pr_flttrace; /* Mask of traced faults */
sysset_t pr_sysentry; /* Mask of system calls traced on
} pstatus_t;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU's

I have a question. Is Linux (Redhat 7.2 specifically) set up to run better/faster on a Pentium cpu vs. an AMD? The reason I ask is, I have a PIII 733 w/512 pc133, and a 4mb video card at work, and an AMD 1.4 w/1gb ddr, and a Radeon 64mb DDR at home, and the PIII at work runs a lot faster. I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to determine cpu&memory percentage usage per user

Using HP-UX v11 Need to monitor cpu and memory usage, total for system and separately for each user in command-line mode. Found out next ways to monitor total cpu usage under hp-ux: 1) vmstat, also shows free memory 2) sar -M ps -eo user,pcpu - does not work, means 'user-defined format'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hp-ux-user
4 Replies

4. AIX

CPU Processor ID

Hallo, does anybody knows a trick to change the Processor ID in AIX 4.3.3. Thanks a lot (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: UXNI
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get percentage cpu from pid

Hi all, I need a script that will check the cpu usage of a certain process and then kill the process if the % cpu is greater than 25%. I know i can get the pid of a process by doing pidof <processname>. Once I have the pid number is there a command in bash to return the current % cpu? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash script - Need to get CPU usage as a percentage

I'm writing a bash script to log some selections from a sensors output (core temp, mb temp, etc.) and I would also like to have the current cpu usage as a percentage. I have no idea how to go about getting it in a form that a bash script can use. For example, I would simply look in the output of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total Percentage CPU usage

Hi, How can I find total CPU usage in percentage? e.g. if my system has 8 CPUs and I want to list total usage for all of them, is it possible through a command? I have tried some of the commands like top, mpstat, sar. The output of those commands has to be manipulated to derive the percentage... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
14 Replies

8. Hardware

Nodes/Processor/CPU's/threads/packages

Hello, can anyone explain me this jargon "Nodes/Processor/CPU's/threads/packages":confused: and what's the relation between these, I need to work on a cluster and I can not figure out the terminology. Thanks! any good link to read about these would also be very helpful Thanks! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nonothing
1 Replies

9. Solaris

CPU/processor/cores in M4000

Hi Gurus Can someone help me in explaining the below outputs . psrinfo -p 4 /usr/sbin/psrinfo -pv The physical processor has 4 virtual processors (0-3) SPARC64-VI (portid 1024 impl 0x6 ver 0x93 clock 2150 MHz) The physical processor has 4 virtual processors (8-11) SPARC64-VI... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Capture PRSTAT based on CPU usage percentage

Hi, Recently i have write a simple script to capture CPU high usage based on prstat but i found out that it did capture correctly. I need to capture the rows that contains CPU usage more than 3%. Below line which i thought will capture CPU usage based CPU column in prstat(9th parameter) which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
3 Replies
_lwp_info(2)							   System Calls 						      _lwp_info(2)

NAME
_lwp_info - return the time-accounting information of a single LWP SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/time.h> #include <sys/lwp.h> int _lwp_info(struct lwpinfo *buffer); DESCRIPTION
The _lwp_info() function fills the lwpinfo structure pointed to by buffer with time-accounting information pertaining to the calling LWP. This call may be extended in the future to return other information to the lwpinfo structure as needed. The lwpinfo structure in <sys/lwp.h> includes the following members: timestruc_t lwp_utime; timestruc_t lwp_stime; The lwp_utime member is the CPU time used while executing instructions in the user space of the calling LWP. The lwp_stime member is the CPU time used by the system on behalf of the calling LWP. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, _lwp_info() returns 0 and fills in the lwpinfo structure pointed to by buffer. ERRORS
If the following condition is detected, _lwp_info() returns the corresponding value: EFAULT The buffer argument points to an illegal address. Additionally, the _lwp_info() function will fail for 32-bit interfaces if: EOVERFLOW The size of the tv_sec member of the timestruc_t type pointed to by lwp_utime and lwp_stime is too small to contain the correct number of seconds. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
times(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 8 Aug 2001 _lwp_info(2)