Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers extract some specific text file urgent pls Post 87093 by reyazan on Thursday 20th of October 2005 05:20:13 AM
Old 10-20-2005
extract some specific text file urgent pls

i have a big text file .
i want to create new file as extract some specific text
from the big file

i am using hp ux

please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT :pls help

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract the lines between specific line number from a text file

Hi I want to extract certain text between two line numbers like 23234234324 and 54446655567567 How do I do this with a simple sed or awk command? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 PM ---------- found it: sed -n '#1,#2p'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: return_user
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines of text based on a specific keyword

I regularly extract lines of text from files based on the presence of a particular keyword; I place the extracted lines into another text file. This takes about 2 hours to complete using the "sort" command then Kate's find & highlight facility. I've been reading the forum & googling and can find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DionDeVille
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To copy a a file to last created directory..Urgent pls

I need to copy a file example hhh.txt to the recently created directory by name flexite@latesttimestamp in the path interface/home/ ... I couldnt get the name of recently created directory .... first result of ls -lst ...that is ls -lst |head -2 gives the latest directory but i could not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helloo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash/grep/awk/sed: How to extract every appearance of text between two specific strings

I have a text wich looks like this: clid=2 cid=6 client_database_id=35 client_nickname=Peter client_type=0|clid=3 cid=22 client_database_id=57 client_nickname=Paul client_type=0|clid=5 cid=22 client_database_id=7 client_nickname=Mary client_type=0|clid=6 cid=22 client_database_id=6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pioneer1976
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Urgent help pls.how to extract two lines having same starting number

Hi , I have a huge file like this =245 this is testing =035 abc123 =245 this is testing1 =035 abc124 =245 this is testing2 =035 abc125 =035 abc126 =245 this is testing3 here i have to pull out those lines having two =035 instead of alternative 035 and 245 i.e extract... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent ...pls Sorting files based on timestamp and picking the latest file

Hi Friends, Newbie to shell scripting. Currently i have used the below to sort data based on filenames and datestamp $ printf '%s\n' *.dat* | sort -t. -k3,4 filename_1.dat.20120430.Z filename_2.dat.20120430.Z filename_3.dat.20120430.Z filename_1.dat.20120501.Z filename_2.dat.20120501.Z... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robertbrown624
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific text from variable and put it into array

Dear community, I have to do something too hard for me :rolleyes:. I hope you can help me. This is an output coming from Oracle query, stored in a file called query.out, there are many rows, but I read them, one by one, using while/read/done. Assuming each row is contained into $line variable... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent request to consider:Search specific name in a file and fetch specific entries

Hi all, I have 2 files, One file contain data like this FHIT CS CHRM1 PDE3A PDE3B HSP90AA1 PTK2 HTR1A ESR1 PARP1 PLA2G1B These names are mentioned in the second file(Please see attached second file) as # Drug_Target_X_Gene_Name:(Where X can be any number (1-1000) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies
HTML::Quoted(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 HTML::Quoted(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Quoted - extract structure of quoted HTML mail message SYNOPSIS
use HTML::Quoted; my $html = '...'; my $struct = HTML::Quoted->extract( $html ); DESCRIPTION
Parses and extracts quotation structure out of a HTML message. Purpose and returned structures are very similar to Text::Quoted. SUPPORTED FORMATS
Variouse MUAs use quite different approaches for quoting in mails. Some use blockquote tag and it's quite easy to parse. Some wrap text into p tags and add '>' in the beginning of the paragraphs. Things gettign messier when it's an HTML reply on plain text mail thread. If you found format that is not supported then file a bug report via rt.cpan.org with as short as possible example. Test file is even better. Test file with patch is the best. Not obviouse patches without tests suck. METHODS
extract my $struct = HTML::Quoted->extract( $html ); Takes a string with HTML and returns array reference. Each element in the array either array or hash. For example: [ { 'raw' => 'Hi,' }, { 'raw' => '<div><br><div>On date X wrote:<br>' }, [ { 'raw' => '<blockquote>' }, { 'raw' => 'Hello,' }, { 'raw' => '<div>How are you?</div>' }, { 'raw' => '</blockquote>' } ], ... ] Hashes represent a part of the html. The following keys are meaningful at the moment: o raw - raw HTML o quoter_raw, quoter - raw and decoded (entities are converted) quoter if block is prefixed with quoting characters AUTHOR
Ruslan.Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com> LICENSE
Under the same terms as perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-09 HTML::Quoted(3pm)