Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Color and Users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Color and Users Post 87 by arn_ch on Friday 13th of October 2000 02:47:22 AM
Old 10-13-2000
Thanks for the reply.
You probably understood me wrong. And with my little English it's sometimes hard to describe a problem.
We don't have a problem with the graphic card. And the problem is also not the application.
When I set my PC-monitor to 256 colors all works properly except that I just have 256 colors on a true color application.
When I set my PC-monitor to true-color then I can start everything on our UNIX-Server with one UNIX-user (i.e guest2) .
The other users (i.e. guest1) can't even open a new x-term window. So I thought there's must be some user-settings on our UNIX-server which affects this phenomen.
I don't think, that it is a problem from our reflection software because I use the same settings and startup-scripts.

Thanks Urs

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify Color and send email with same color

Hello mates, I have a requirement where in which I have to mail an output from multiple programs in the same colour as the output from shell script. I have seen a post to mail html in our forum,but my case is I have to first identify which colour the output is in an then mail it to in the ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
10 Replies
Graphics::Color::YIQ(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Graphics::Color::YIQ(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Color::YIQ - YIQ color space VERSION
version 0.29 SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Color::YIQ; my $color = Graphics::Color::YIQ->new({ luminance => 0.5, in_phase => .5, quadrature => .25, }); DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Color::YIQ represents a Color in an YIQ color space. DISCLAIMER
I couldn't find clear information on the bounds of each value, so at the moment there are none. ATTRIBUTES
luminance y Set/Get the luminance component of this Color. in_phase i Set/Get the in_phase component of this Color. quadrature q Set/Get the quadrature component of this Color. name Get the name of this color. Only valid if the color was created by name. not_equal_to The opposite of equal_to. METHODS
as_string Get a string version of this Color in the form of LUMINANCE,IN-PHASE,QUADRATURE as_array Get the YIQ values as an array equal_to Compares this color to the provided one. Returns 1 if true, else 0; AUTHOR
Cory G Watson <gphat@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Cold Hard Code, LLC. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-11 Graphics::Color::YIQ(3pm)