Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl help!! (pack()?)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl help!! (pack()?) Post 86921 by Euler04 on Tuesday 18th of October 2005 10:58:09 AM
Old 10-18-2005
Thank you very much, cbkihong.
I understood a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How use #pragma pack() in HP unix ?

hello. i use follow sentences in include files in SCO unix is ok. #pragma pack(1) struct dddd { int iD1; char cCh1; ... }; #pragma pack() but in hp-9000 unix , not ok when compiling, cc not support #pragma pack(1) how to settle the question ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdyjm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + pack() + spaceing question

ok guys and gals at the moment i am perplexed (prolly cuz i been looking at it to long) but here it is. OS: sol8 perlver: 5.8.0 shell: ksh answer must be in perl!! issue: when i use pack() it packs the data at the front of the requested field space. normally it wouldnt be a problem if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

3. AIX

Aix - Service Pack

I've recently installed ServicePack1 for Tecnology_Level 9 of AIX 5.2 . The result of installation is "OK" but with oslevel -s i dont see the service pack installed .... after many research i try (with many luck!!) instfix -i|grep SP and the result : All filesets for 5200-08-01_SP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BabylonRocker
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pack current folder

How do I pack (using tar zcvf ?) the current folder inluding all files and folders ?? I need to be sure to get all files and folders/subfolders... Later I will unpack into a new folder on a new server.. Appreciate any help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WebWatch
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl pack and unpack commands

I have a file that contains user id and corresponding password. Lets say password is "help". The below command will create a hex value for string "help". perl -e 'print unpack "H*","help"' So now password is in encoded format. Then I decoded it in the script where am fetching the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: max_payne1234
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash equivalent of perl's pack function ?

Is there an equivalent of perl's pack function in bash ? Or in other words, how can I achieve the same thing in bash ? Much appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewDeb
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl-to-Oracle performance: DBI-pack visa 'sqlplus' usage

I wondering if anybody tried already or know about the performance to process some Oracle staff from Perl. I see it could be done by the DBI pachage (so, I guess, it is interface to the OCI, but who know how sufficiant it is..,) with all gemicks around (define, open, parce, bind,.. ), or it can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl pack and unpack commands

I am using pack/unpack to encyrpt a file. syntax is below #!/bin/sh encrypt=`perl -e 'print unpack "H*","yourpassword"'` - echo $encrypt >/file/to/store/encrypted/password pass=`cat /file/to/store/encrypted/password` decrypt=`perl -e 'print pack "H*",$pass'` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erinlomo
2 Replies

9. Solaris

weblogic Maintenance pack

Hi ALL, I am running weblogic portal(9.2.2) on solaris and i wanted to apply maintenance pack and upgrade it to 9.2.3. Without using x-windows system how can i apply maintenance pack.? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav183
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pack and unpack localtime in perl script

Hi I have a code like this: sub WriteEbcdicHeader { my $Htimestamp=localtime();#i need to pack and unpack this my $eheaderline = $Htimestamp; #packing has to be done here #unpacking has to be done after packing print $EOUTFILE return $eheaderline; } sub WriteEbcdicTrailer { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbathena
5 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)