Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory How to mount/make a FAT system on Linux Post 86828 by kyoist on Monday 17th of October 2005 06:48:05 PM
Old 10-17-2005
Lightbulb How to mount/make a FAT system on Linux

Yea i was wondering how i would mount, and create a FAT directory that way i can save files in the FAT directory in a windows system and be able to access them on Linux systems. Or if there is any other way to share files between Linux and Windows. Any responds will help... thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to make and mount a Partition

Hi, I need to mount a new partition in a series of Pc that have a single hard drive of 20 GB; the used and partioned space amounts to 10 GB, between root, boot and swap; the script is to make the mounting process automatic These are the contents of my script: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HernandJ2
1 Replies

4. Linux

Read data of a page frame (linux) make freeze the system

Hello, I'm writing a linux driver that reading the data of a page frame of an process. But when I use it, it make immediately freeze the system. Can you help me? Thank for reading my question! system: Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28.15, Intel Duo static int read_addr(int pid, unsigned long... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahai
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to mount a file system from a solaris server into an hp-ux system

Hi all I wonder if its possible to mount on a hp-ux server a file system that was previously mounted on a solaris 10 server. The LUN is on NetApp stoarge. The problem on hp-ux I cannot do pvcreate on the lun (disk) because contains data. Any help will be appreciated FR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

7. Linux

Make directory used as mount point read-only

For my backup , I mount and external hard disk to /mnt/mybackup and then I do an rsync to /mnt/mybackup If for some reason the rsync fails, I want to prevent it from writing data on the server hard disk itself since the external hard disk will no longer be mounted on it. I want /mnt/mybackup... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
8 Replies

8. AIX

How to make NFS4 mount permanent ?

Hello, I'm able to mount NFSv3 shares permanently (/etc/filesystems) via smitty nfs. />lsfs -a Name Nodename Mount Pt VFS Size Options Auto Accounting /dev/hd4 -- / jfs2 2097152 -- yes no /dev/hd1 -- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. Programming

How to make use others' C library installed not for the system-wide (Ubuntu/Linux)?

I have downloaded and installed a library called htslib for specific bioinformatic use but not for the system (I'm using Ubuntu 18.04). Only parts of the library is needed for my exercise to parse data in a type called VCF format (basically tab-delimited file but contains many information in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
14 Replies
efi(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    efi(4)

NAME
efi - Extensible Firmware Interface description DESCRIPTION
The EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface) is an interface between HP-UX and the Itanium-based platform firmware. The file system supported by the Extensible Firmware Interface is based on the FAT file system. EFI encompasses the use of FAT-32 for a system partition, and FAT-12 or FAT-16 for removable media. The system partition is required on a bootable disk for the Itanium-based platform. For a hard disk, the system partition is a contiguous grouping of sectors on the disk, where the starting sector and size are defined by the EFI partition table, which resides on the second logical block of the hard disk, and/or by the Master Boot Record (MBR), which resides on the first sector of the hard disk. For a floppy disk, a partition is defined to be the entire disk. The System Partition can contain directories, data files, and EFI Images. The EFI system firmware may search the directory of the EFI sys- tem partition, EFI volume, to find possible EFI Images that can be loaded. The HP-UX bootloader is one example of an EFI Image. HP-UX contains a set of EFI utilities: efi_fsinit(1M) Initialize an EFI volume; that is, create a header and an empty directory. efi_cp(1M) Copy files to and from an EFI volume. efi_mkdir(1M) Create directories in an EFI volume. efi_ls(1M) List the contents of an EFI volume. efi_rm(1M) Remove files from an EFI volume. efi_rmdir(1M) Remove directories from an EFI volume. The EFI utilities are the only utilities in HP-UX where the internal structure of an EFI volume is known. To the rest of HP-UX, an EFI system partition is simply a partition containing unspecified data. The EFI volume cannot be mounted to HP-UX currently. An EFI volume can be created on any HP-UX file (either regular disk file or device special file) that supports random access via lseek(2). Within an EFI volume, individual files and directories are identified by 1- to 255-character file names. File names can consist of any alphanumeric characters (A through Z, a through z, and 0 through 9) and the certain set of special characters (. $ % ' - _ @ ~ ` ! ( ) + , : ; = # & ? ^ [ ] { } space). The first character of an EFI file name can be any valid EFI characters, except the space. When comparing two EFI names, differences in the case of alphabetic characters are not significant. For example, the following file names are considered the same: If one exists, the user will not be able to create the other. The directory may be made up of multiple components, separated by slashes(/). The last directory component must be followed by a slash to separate it from the file name. There are two special directory components, (.) and (..). They represent the current directory and the parent directory as in other file systems. SEE ALSO
efi_cp(1M), efi_fsinit(1M), efi_ls(1M), efi_mkdir(1M), efi_rm(1M), efi_rmdir(1M). Itanium(R)-Based Processor Family Only efi(4)