Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing Netscape onto Solaris OS Post 8661 by htsubamoto on Tuesday 16th of October 2001 09:45:51 AM
Old 10-16-2001
Hi,

You shoud try:

pkgadd -R /home/ -d `pwd` NSCPcom

the -R option means:
-R root_path
Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path.

Any questions tell me

HTT

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris 8

I'm new to Unix, and Installed Solaris 8 (IA) for the first time with the end user software group, I got the login screen at startup. When I re-installed it with the Full Distribution plus OEM support it bypasses the login screen and logs me as superuser (root). Is this normal? Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdrivas
3 Replies

2. Solaris

installing solaris 10

hi all, i am trying to install solaris 10 into sun ultra 3000 i burn .iso image into cd-rw with 6x speed(iomega) and when i put into cdrom server i got the problem like below: {a} ok boot cdrom -s Boot device: /sbus@3,0/SUNW,fas@3,8800000/sd@6,0:f File and args: -s Bad magic number in disk... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
11 Replies

3. Solaris

installing solaris from PC

Hi all , Is there a way that i could install Solaris 9 on an E2900 server from my pc/laptop DVD ??? Cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10

Hi All, Il jump straight in.. Iv been asked to install Sun Solaris 10 for a friend and Il be honest.. Iv never installed one before.. Iv looked at some documentation on installing but nbothing to represent my problem.. I downloaded the Solaris 10 Software from sun.com on 5 cd`s.. burnt them... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjdude
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Working around netscape 4.9 segfault on Solaris 8

We have a Solaris 8 server which users login to via VNC to get a desktop. On that desktop these users use Netscape Communicator 4.9 to access a very important mail account. Unfortunately Netscape has started segfaulting regularly. Does anyone have any ideas how I can try to find out what point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aussieos
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 8 / netscape 4.76

I have an Ultra 5 machine with Solaris 8 installed as an operating system. To work with other PC's on my home network, I selected DHCP as the network protocol. I want to have Internet access on my Sun machine but have been unsuccessful. I had an old Netscape for Unix disk and installed it. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pb11545
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Re-installing Solaris

I am a Windows admin but we require the use of at least one SUN for an application that cannot be installed on Windows. We've had two SUN Netra X1 boxes for some time that have seen some use, but I'm told the newest version of the application cannot be installed on the version of Solaris that is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tawnos42
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing Solaris

Hello ladies and gentlemen I had a notebook 250 GB for windows 7, 250 GB for slackware, by the live dvd slaris i installed solaris in partition of windows, instalation ok, when i restart, i can not access menu bios or menu boot, and my notebook don't boot any dvd ,.. any help what i can do,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gitac
7 Replies
removef(1M)															       removef(1M)

NAME
removef - remove a file from software database SYNOPSIS
removef [ [-M] -R root_path] [-V fs_file] pkginst path... removef [ [-M] -R root_path] [-V fs_file] -f pkginst removef informs the system that the user, or software, intends to remove a pathname. Output from removef is the list of input pathnames that may be safely removed (no other packages have a dependency on them). The following options are supported: -f After all files have been processed, removef should be invoked with the -f option to indicate that the removal phase is complete. -M Instruct removef not to use the $root_path/etc/vfstab file for determining the client's mount points. This option assumes the mount points are correct on the server and it behaves consistently with Solaris 2.5 and earlier releases. -R root_path Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. The root_path may be specified when installing to a client from a server (for example, /export/root/client1). Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -V fs_file Specify an alternative fs_file to map the client's file systems. For example, used in situations where the $root_path/etc/vfstab file is non-existent or unreliable. The following operands are supported: path The pathname to be removed. pkginst The package instance from which the pathname is being removed. Example 1: Using removef The following example uses the removef command in an optional pre-install script: echo "The following files are no longer part of this package and are being removed." removef $PKGINST /dev/xt[0-9][0-9][0-9] | while read pathname do echo "$pathname" rm -f $pathname done removef -f $PKGINST || exit 2 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgproto(1), pkgtrans(1), installf(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgask(1M), pkgchk(1M), attributes(5) 6 Apr 2005 removef(1M)