Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How can I get a processor's CPU Percentage? Post 8653 by sangjinn on Tuesday 16th of October 2001 01:51:07 AM
Old 10-16-2001
How can I get a processor's CPU Percentage?

you know that.. in HP-UX..
in sys/pstat.h

struct pst_status {
long pst_idx; /* Index for further pstat() requests */
long pst_uid; /* Real UID */
long pst_pid; /* Process ID */
float pst_pctcpu; /* %cpu for this process during p_time
}

when, need to get a processor's cpu used %,
we use pst_status.pst_pctcpu..
but i want to know other way.. not use pst_status.pst_pctcpu.
How can I get that??

and what is p_time ??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU's

I have a question. Is Linux (Redhat 7.2 specifically) set up to run better/faster on a Pentium cpu vs. an AMD? The reason I ask is, I have a PIII 733 w/512 pc133, and a 4mb video card at work, and an AMD 1.4 w/1gb ddr, and a Radeon 64mb DDR at home, and the PIII at work runs a lot faster. I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to determine cpu&memory percentage usage per user

Using HP-UX v11 Need to monitor cpu and memory usage, total for system and separately for each user in command-line mode. Found out next ways to monitor total cpu usage under hp-ux: 1) vmstat, also shows free memory 2) sar -M ps -eo user,pcpu - does not work, means 'user-defined format'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hp-ux-user
4 Replies

4. AIX

CPU Processor ID

Hallo, does anybody knows a trick to change the Processor ID in AIX 4.3.3. Thanks a lot (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: UXNI
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get percentage cpu from pid

Hi all, I need a script that will check the cpu usage of a certain process and then kill the process if the % cpu is greater than 25%. I know i can get the pid of a process by doing pidof <processname>. Once I have the pid number is there a command in bash to return the current % cpu? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash script - Need to get CPU usage as a percentage

I'm writing a bash script to log some selections from a sensors output (core temp, mb temp, etc.) and I would also like to have the current cpu usage as a percentage. I have no idea how to go about getting it in a form that a bash script can use. For example, I would simply look in the output of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total Percentage CPU usage

Hi, How can I find total CPU usage in percentage? e.g. if my system has 8 CPUs and I want to list total usage for all of them, is it possible through a command? I have tried some of the commands like top, mpstat, sar. The output of those commands has to be manipulated to derive the percentage... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
14 Replies

8. Hardware

Nodes/Processor/CPU's/threads/packages

Hello, can anyone explain me this jargon "Nodes/Processor/CPU's/threads/packages":confused: and what's the relation between these, I need to work on a cluster and I can not figure out the terminology. Thanks! any good link to read about these would also be very helpful Thanks! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nonothing
1 Replies

9. Solaris

CPU/processor/cores in M4000

Hi Gurus Can someone help me in explaining the below outputs . psrinfo -p 4 /usr/sbin/psrinfo -pv The physical processor has 4 virtual processors (0-3) SPARC64-VI (portid 1024 impl 0x6 ver 0x93 clock 2150 MHz) The physical processor has 4 virtual processors (8-11) SPARC64-VI... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Capture PRSTAT based on CPU usage percentage

Hi, Recently i have write a simple script to capture CPU high usage based on prstat but i found out that it did capture correctly. I need to capture the rows that contains CPU usage more than 3%. Below line which i thought will capture CPU usage based CPU column in prstat(9th parameter) which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
3 Replies
vf_date_string_to_time(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 vf_date_string_to_time(3)

NAME
vf_date_string_to_time - vf_date_string_to_time() SYNOPSIS
#include <../vformat/vf_iface.h> extern bool_t vf_date_string_to_time ( uint32_t *p_time, const char *p_string ); PARAMETERS
uint32_t *p_time Output time value. const char *p_string Input string. DESCRIPTION
Convert calendar string to absolute time. The basic formats are 19960401, 19960401T073000Z. RETURNS
TRUE <=> conversion OK, FALSE else. SEE ALSO
vf_parse_init(3), vf_parse_text(3), vf_parse_end(3), vf_read_file(3), vf_write_file(3), vf_get_next_object(3), vf_create_object(3), vf_get_object_type(3), vf_get_property(3), vf_get_property_ex(3), vf_get_next_property(3), vf_get_prop_value(3), vf_set_prop_value(3), vf_get_prop_value_string(3), vf_get_prop_name_string(3), vf_set_prop_name_string(3), vf_get_prop_name(3), vf_get_prop_value_object(3), vf_set_prop_value_object(3), vf_set_prop_value_string(3), vf_set_prop_value_base64(3), vf_get_prop_value_base64(3), vf_set_prop- erty_from_file(3), vf_delete_object(3), vf_delete_prop(3), vf_find_prop_qual_index(3), vf_is_modified(3), vf_find_charset(3), vf_period_string_to_time(3), vf_period_time_to_string(3), vf_set_prop_value_time(3), vf_get_prop_value_time(3) c2man vf_iface.h 30 April 2003 vf_date_string_to_time(3)