Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is extracting specific files from a zip file possible? Post 86528 by Neo on Friday 14th of October 2005 11:06:05 PM
Old 10-15-2005
Try this:

Code:
 man unzip

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read specific file from a zip archive without extracting

Hi All, I would like to extract specific file from a zip archive. I have a zip archive "sample.zip". sample.zip contains few text files and images... text1.txt, text2.txt, pic.jpg etc... I need to read specific file "text2.txt" from "sample.zip" WITHOUT EXTRACTING the zip file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridharg
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting specific files from a tar file in HP-UX

I have tried: tar -xfv mytarfile.tar archive/tabv/* tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xf mytarfile.tar -v --wildcards 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards --no-anchored 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards `archive/tabv/*` and none... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
5 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Errors while extracting zip files

I tried to untar a file, test123.tar.gz by doing : tar -zxvf test123.tar.gz but got the following error msg: gzip: stdin: not in gzip format tar: Child returned status 1 tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors What do i do now? Pl Suggest Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DCH
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip a list of specific files to an archive

Hi all, i've got the following problem: We've got a shell-script, that creates some different files based on several criteria given, using a sql-script. After creating, those files are individually zipped and stored, then sent to a ftp-server. This is all working since 2010, but now they have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Biggreuda
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all the files under a specific directory and zip them into a single file.

Hi, Is there a way to find all the files from a specific location and then zip them into a single file, even if they are in multiple directories? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system

Hi I have a requirement in unix shell where I need to zip multiple files on server to one single .zip file. I dont see zip command in AIX and gzip command not doing completely what I want. One I do .zip file, I should be able to unzip in my local Computer. Here is example what I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMA PULI
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux read specific content file from tar.gz files without extracting

hello i wish to write the result of these below conditions in a file: 1. in a specific folder, i have many tar.gz files. 2. each tar.gz file contains ".dat" file in sub folders. 3. i wish to get the full path of these .dat files, if i find in it a specific word ("ERROR24"). 4. all this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyjames9
6 Replies
MANCONV(1)							Manual pager utils							MANCONV(1)

NAME
manconv - convert manual page from one encoding to another SYNOPSIS
manconv -f from-code[:from-code...] -t to-code [-dqhV] [filename] DESCRIPTION
manconv converts a manual page from one encoding to another, like iconv. Unlike iconv, it can try multiple possible input encodings in sequence. This is useful for manual pages installed in directories without an explicit encoding declaration, since they may be in UTF-8 or in a legacy character set. If an encoding declaration is found on the first line of the manual page, that declaration overrides any input encodings specified on man- conv's command line. Encoding declarations have the following form: '" -*- coding: UTF-8 -*- or (if manual page preprocessors are also to be declared): '" t -*- coding: ISO-8859-1 -*- OPTIONS
-f encodings, --from-code encodings Try each of encodings (a colon-separated list) in sequence as the input encoding. -t encoding, --to-code encoding Convert the manual page to encoding. -q, --quiet Do not issue error messages when the page cannot be converted. -d, --debug Print debugging information. -h, --help Print a help message and exit. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
man(1), iconv(1). AUTHOR
Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org). 2.6.0.2 2011-04-13 MANCONV(1)