Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Posix string to match [[0-999]] Post 86507 by Mair55 on Friday 14th of October 2005 05:45:22 PM
Old 10-14-2005
Question Posix string to match [[0-999]]

Hi, I would like to set up a Posix string to match the subject line in spam e-mails which contain
"[" followed by a number, followed by "]"

How do I get the square brackets recognised as literals and then include them in a string so that I can reject spam with things like [14] in the subject line.

Last edited by Mair55; 10-14-2005 at 07:08 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Better way to match string within a string

Hi, I'm trying to get one field out of many as follows: A string of multiple fields separated with "/" characters: "/ab=12/cd=34/12=ab/34=cd/ef=pick-this.one/gh=blah/ij=something/" I want to pick up the field "ef=pick-this.one" which has no regular pattern except it starts with "ef=xxxx"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate numbers 000 to 999

I have tried to make this script to generate: 000 001 002 ... 997 998 999 i=0 while do if then echo "00"$i else if && then echo "0"$i (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match all except string(s) in posix extended

How to say "match anything but this or that string" using only posix extended syntax? I am not talking about egrep -v, I want this done entirely by the regular expression. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match the string and string with the quotes :

Hi all, Here is the data file: - want to match only lan3 in the output . - not lan3:1 file : OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE=""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print ALL lines except if field is 999

Hi All!!! :-) I need a command that will print each line of a text file UNLESS the 3rd field of that line is equal to the number 999. (space seperated fields) Solaris10/BASH SHELL: INPUT.TXT aaa bbb 111 222 ccc ddd 333 444 eee fff 999 555 ggg hhh 666 777 aaa bbb 999 222 ccc ddd 333... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match exactly a string

I am formatting my code and for that I am trying to write a script which can quicken some repetitive work. I need to match "==" exactly in a string and replace it by inserting a (single) blank space before and after it. Sample Strings: 1.this.something =='something'.that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prohank
9 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3pm)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop - perform SpamCop reporting of messages SYNOPSIS
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop DESCRIPTION
SpamCop is a service for reporting spam. SpamCop determines the origin of unwanted email and reports it to the relevant Internet service providers. By reporting spam, you have a positive impact on the problem. Reporting unsolicited email also helps feed spam filtering systems, including, but not limited to, the SpamCop blacklist used in SpamAssassin as a DNSBL. Note that spam reports sent by this plugin to SpamCop each include the entire spam message. See http://www.spamcop.net/ for more information about SpamCop. USER OPTIONS
spamcop_from_address user@example.com (default: none) This address is used during manual reports to SpamCop as the From: address. You can use your normal email address. If this is not set, a guess will be used as the From: address in SpamCop reports. spamcop_to_address user@example.com (default: generic reporting address) Your customized SpamCop report submission address. You need to obtain this address by registering at "http://www.spamcop.net/". If this is not set, SpamCop reports will go to a generic reporting address for SpamAssassin users and your reports will probably have less weight in the SpamCop system. spamcop_max_report_size (default: 50) Messages larger than this size (in kilobytes) will be truncated in report messages sent to SpamCop. The default setting is the maximum size that SpamCop will accept at the time of release. perl v5.14.2 2011-06-06 Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3pm)