Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deadlocked App
Top Forums Programming Deadlocked App Post 86466 by jim mcnamara on Friday 14th of October 2005 11:19:12 AM
Old 10-14-2005
I'm shaky on MySQL, but other db's provide table and sometimes record level locking.
Assuming it does, check if you are doing 'SELECT stuf from mytable for update;' which exclusively locks the records selected, for example. (It does in Oracle, which I do understand).

Databases also provide for exclusive access to a resource. An Oracle example:
'LOCK mytable in EXCLUSIVE MODE;' locks the entire table against any access by any other Oracle session.

If you can translate this concept to MySQL terms, that's very likely the place to start looking.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Detecting DeadLocked Processes?

Hi, First let me inform you about the environment: We have four servers (sun machines), connected via WAN to centralized Oracle Database Server. Each sun server has a lot of users, The Problem is I don't a Unix Monitor tool to tell me which Process is deadlocked to kill. all we can do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: so_friendly
1 Replies

2. Solaris

luminis app

The guys at SunGard want to charge a lot of $$$$ for installing Luminis and we are trying to see if this can be done without them. Their installation guide provided page #53 ( http://www.luminis.nocccd.edu/documents/Luminis%20IV/lp40000in.pdf ) doesn't really tell you much. All they say is that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceci1
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

userid with nothing to do on the os/app

Hi All, I got this userid apache with the same userid and groupid and /sbin/nologin and the /www/a home folder is empty. Can I just delete this userid? How can I investigate if userid have something to do with the application? Thanks for any comment you may add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 6.1 app running on 5.x?

Hi, A quick question. If I build an application on AIX 6.1 TL3 using XL C/C++ 8.0 and Oracle 10g, can I then take those binaries and run them on AIX 5.3 and previous? Regards Kevin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevB
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with /app

Hi folks, i have a problem with my /app directory on solaris 10.It is mounted under rpool root and sometimes it increase dimension bringing root out of space.I want to mount /app under different position, maybe under secondary hardisk for which i have created a mount point with zfs pool...How... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattpunk
10 Replies

6. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies
Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL - Provides mutual exclusion using MySQL SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL; my $locker = Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL->new(); $locker->acquire_read_lock($ref); $locker->acquire_write_lock($ref); $locker->release_read_lock($ref); $locker->release_write_lock($ref); $locker->release_all_locks($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL fulfills the locking interface of Apache::Session. Mutual exclusion is achieved through the use of MySQL's GET_LOCK and RELEASE_LOCK functions. MySQL does not support the notion of read and write locks, so this module only supports exclusive locks. When you request a shared read lock, it is instead promoted to an exclusive write lock. CONFIGURATION
The module must know how to connect to your MySQL database to acquire locks. You must provide a datasource name, a user name, and a password. These options are passed in the usual Apache::Session style, and are very similar to the options for Apache::Session::Store::MySQL. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { LockDataSource => 'dbi:mysql:database', LockUserName => 'database_user', LockPassword => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::MySQL', $id, { LockHandle => $dbh }; AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Lock::MySQL(3pm)