Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Access control Lists
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Access control Lists Post 86460 by Perderabo on Friday 14th of October 2005 10:58:02 AM
Old 10-14-2005
Deleting a file requires write access to the directory that contains it.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access Control Lists for Linux (Redhat 7.2)

Hi, Does anyone know if Redhat 7.2 allows for file access control lists as you can in Solaris ? And if so, can you give me the basic command as I'm having trouble finding documentation on this. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ianf
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Access Control

In Windows XP, there are 3 default access control groups namely: Administrators, Users and Power Users. Is there default access control groups in Unix system? If there is, what are they? newbie. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zertoir
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access Control List

Hey all, I have a directory (own by user: b; group: grpB) which I want a user (user: a; group: grpA) to be able to read and execute from, I wonder if I should add user a to this particular directory's ACL or that I would add group grpB to user a's subgroup? I would like to know the difference... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does U*X have Access Control Lists?

In OS like windows, I can define an Access Control List (ACL) and specify which accounts and groups have what access to a specific file. I assume U*X, Linux and cygwin on windows have this ACL feature too. I'm using cygwin on windows. What do I type at a bash prompt to allow a specific user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Access Control

I need to control intenet access @ work. xample. I need PC 1 to only be able to access these five sites and add to the list as needed. Can anyone pint me a direction. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fruiz
1 Replies

6. AIX

Access control using LDAP

Hello, I've configurated a LDAP user authentication on AIX V6 against Active Directory (Windows Server 2008). The Tree is built as follows: test (DC) |--- testgroup (group with members: user1, user2) | |--- sys1 (OU) | |--- sys1group (group with member: user1) | |--- sys2 (OU)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xia777
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

eTrust Access Control

Hi, I am using eTrust Access Control at work. I have got no output after type checklogin. I wonder what is the reason. Does anyone know? Thanks eTrustAC selang v8.00a-1555.13 - eTrustAC command line interpreter Copyright (c) 2006 CA. All rights reserved. eTrustAC> checklogin user1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
0 Replies

8. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)