Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to update the contents in a file conditionally? Post 86354 by blowtorch on Thursday 13th of October 2005 11:12:42 AM
Old 10-13-2005
Try this:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

while read country count; do
   ### try to login to oracle and set some error condition
   if [ #the failure condition is set ]; then
      count=$(($count+1))
   fi
   echo $country $count >> your_file.tmp
done < your_file
mv your_file.tmp your_file

Some of the script is not real code, because I am not sure how you are going to check if you can connect to the database.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

update file contents using shell script

Hi, I am having a file which contains as below Names(aaaa ,bbbb ,cccc ,dddd) now i want the file to be updated with new value 'eeee' as below Names(aaaa ,bbbb ,cccc ,dddd ,eeee) Is there a way to script this ? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drams
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - reading from a file conditionally

Hi, I am new to perl. I want to read from a file on the basis of some conditions.. I want to define parameters in a configuration file in such a manner like... etc.. in my perl script, theer is a variable like this.. then i want to read values from first if block from the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shellwell
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove file conditionally between two server using sftp

Hi, I am having 2 servers, Need to delete files from server1 if those files exist in server2 other wise no action using sftp .And the process is non-interactive way. I have got confused how to check the condition in sftp because there is non of the shell condition or loop command is executing.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through file to sum conditionally

Hi, I have a file with header, detail and trailer records. HDR|111 DTL|abc|100|xyz DTL|abc|50|xyz TRL|150 I need to add the values in 3rd field from DTL records. Using awk, I am doing it as follows: awk -F'|' '$1=="DTL"{a += $3} END {print a}' <source_file> However, I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: delta21
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a text in a file conditionally?

I have got about 100 ascii files and I want replace some variable with a new one on an HP-UX system. But I want to put a line of comments before the change. I want to make file1 to file2. I am explaining below. file1: line1 line2 export QNAME=ABC line4 line5 file2: line1 line2 #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace partial contents of file with contents read from other file

Hi, I am facing issue while reading data from a file in UNIX. my requirement is to compare two files and for the text pattern matching in the 1st file, replace the contents in second file by the contents of first file from start to the end and write the contents to thrid file. i am able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeki
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk match to update contents of file

I am trying to match $1 in file1 with $2 in file2. If a match is found then $3 and $4 of file2 are copied to file1. Both files are tab-delimeted and I am getting a syntax error and would also like to update file1 in-place without creating a new file, but am not sure how. Thank you :). file1 ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup in another file and conditionally modify it inline

Hi, I have an issue where i need to lookup in a given transaction file and if the same transaction is found in another file, then i need to replace a few columns with some other value. Finally, the changed and unchanged lines must be printed and stored in the same source file. for example... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorcfc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value in field of out file using contents of another Ask

In the out.txt below I am trying to use awk to update the contents of $9.. If $9 contains a + or - then $8 of out.txt is used as a key to lookup in $2 of file. When a match ( there will always be one) is found the $3 value of that file is used to update $9 of out.txt separated by a :. So the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
Session::Oracle(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Session::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Oracle - An implementation of Apache::Session SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Oracle; #if you want Apache::Session to open new DB handles: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:sessions', UserName => $db_user, Password => $db_pass, Commit => 1 }; #or, if your handles are already opened: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh, Commit => 1 }; DESCRIPTION
This module is an implementation of Apache::Session. It uses the Oracle backing store and no locking. See the example, and the documentation for Apache::Session::Store::Oracle for more details. USAGE
The special Apache::Session argument for this module is Commit. You MUST provide the Commit argument, which instructs this module to either commit the transaction when it is finished, or to simply do nothing. This feature is provided so that this module will not have adverse interactions with your local transaction policy, nor your local database handle caching policy. The argument is mandatory in order to make you think about this problem. This module also respects the LongReadLen argument, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not specified, the default maximum is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session::File, Apache::Session::Flex, Apache::Session::DB_File, Apache::Session::Postgres, Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Oracle(3)