Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ls and wild card - Should be simple! Post 86325 by Perderabo on Thursday 13th of October 2005 07:29:52 AM
Old 10-13-2005
What result do you get? What shell are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using if with wild card patterns

Hi, Please help me. Suppose I have a file which contains files like: My file :/tmp/rooh_20020518.lst it consists: ASI00320225041925URD01 ASI00320225041925KER02 ASI00390228095244KER08 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I pass a wild card as an argument

Hi, I would like to pass a wild card as part of an argument. But when I do it the script views the wild card as text. Example: sFile=MG1A* sort $sFile > $sFile.sorted What I get is MG1A*.sorted The problem is I am passed a series of files where the first few characters like "MG1A"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eja
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wild card in find perm

Hi, Is there a way to use find command to list the directories for certain permissions. I know we can use find . -type d -perm nnn, where nnn is the permission number . However I wold like to know if I wanna search for wild card permissions i.e 75* / 7* / 55* , as i do not know the actual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: braindrain
1 Replies

4. AIX

df, grep, wild card

Hi, I want to monitor my filesystem capacity and I want to df with grep wildcard for all 9*%. Is this possible? I want to replaced all the existing complicated scripts I have in the system. Thanks, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wild card in if condition not working

Hi, I am using RHEL5. I have following if condition. if In the above condition, if the value of a contains word WARNING, it should match. i.e., WARNING_MESSAGE, CRITICAL WARNING, WARNING ALERT etc. it should match. For b, alert error, ALERT ERROR, ERROR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED, etc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user7509
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a string to function containing wild card?

Hey All, I am trying to send a string as an input parameter to a function which contains a wild card character - * However the function is taking it as: PS: The directory - '/path/to/my/dir/' has 3 files: file1.out, file2.out, file3.out However I want to disable this wild... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep using wild card issue

Hi, I am having a file (file1) having following contents " xet B - All Divers/All Rivers - - ns - " Now when i use cat file1 | grep 'RF' it doesn't returns anything. But on using cat file1 | grep 'RF*' shows me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with wild card [solved]

Can somebody help me with the following syntax? I want to find all files that end with *.arc SUFFIX=".arc" find /tmp -name "\*$SUFFIX" -print 2>/dev/null ---------- Post updated at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:41 PM ---------- got it thanks -name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wild card for dir path

I have dir structure like this : /opt/oracle/product/abc/sqlplus/admin/ /opt/oracle/product/def/sqlplus/admin /opt/oracle/product/ghi/sqlplus/admin I am trying to use wildcard ( for dirs abc,def,ghi) ..something like this : cp xyz.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the directories and deleting with wild card

Hi Firends, I have requirement like find the directories in unix after my my deployment is done. generally my requirement as follows. /data/common/scripts is folder and it has multiple scripts in this path. I have taken the back up of scripts folder as below /data/common/0816_scripts... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies
GIT-HASH-OBJECT(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-HASH-OBJECT(1)

NAME
git-hash-object - Compute object ID and optionally creates a blob from a file SYNOPSIS
git hash-object [-t <type>] [-w] [--path=<file>|--no-filters] [--stdin [--literally]] [--] <file>... git hash-object [-t <type>] [-w] --stdin-paths [--no-filters] DESCRIPTION
Computes the object ID value for an object with specified type with the contents of the named file (which can be outside of the work tree), and optionally writes the resulting object into the object database. Reports its object ID to its standard output. This is used by git cvsimport to update the index without modifying files in the work tree. When <type> is not specified, it defaults to "blob". OPTIONS
-t <type> Specify the type (default: "blob"). -w Actually write the object into the object database. --stdin Read the object from standard input instead of from a file. --stdin-paths Read file names from the standard input, one per line, instead of from the command-line. --path Hash object as it were located at the given path. The location of file does not directly influence on the hash value, but path is used to determine what Git filters should be applied to the object before it can be placed to the object database, and, as result of applying filters, the actual blob put into the object database may differ from the given file. This option is mainly useful for hashing temporary files located outside of the working directory or files read from stdin. --no-filters Hash the contents as is, ignoring any input filter that would have been chosen by the attributes mechanism, including the end-of-line conversion. If the file is read from standard input then this is always implied, unless the --path option is given. --literally Allow --stdin to hash any garbage into a loose object which might not otherwise pass standard object parsing or git-fsck checks. Useful for stress-testing Git itself or reproducing characteristics of corrupt or bogus objects encountered in the wild. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-HASH-OBJECT(1)