Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Irix 5.3
Top Forums Programming Irix 5.3 Post 8632 by Trixee on Monday 15th of October 2001 03:36:48 PM
Old 10-15-2001
yes that's exactly what I mean.

Could you help me with the link, I'm fairly new at this and I don't know where to start.

(there is no dumb question to me!)

thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with IRIX

I have a SGI sys with Irix running on it. Actually i cant see the console login . It just shows a blank blue screen . I can use the mouse though. Also i can remote login into the m/c I am new to SGI . Can anybody help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Irix

I have an SGI running IRIX 6.5 The prob is when i login as user and open a file , it gives me error as "OUT OF MEMORY" when i su or login as root . THis error disappers I have lot of space in the System . Thanx DPai (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I am looking for a link in IRIX 5.3

I am using IRIX 5.3, When I type "man" in a UNIX text console from any machine on my network, I want to pull out the man pages from the station where they have been installed. Would anyone know the link? I would be so greatfull. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trixee
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IRIX 6.2 backup procedure

Require help, using the proper procedure to do a backup/restore on an IRIX 6.2 workstation. Fairly new to UNIX and still having difficulty getting a handle on all the procedures to follow. Any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ecoli69
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Internet in IRIX

I've got an O2 (R5000 32-bit) running IRIX 6.3. The problem is that my ISP requires me to have a DHCP client and I do not know how to enable it. I've tried via-wizard, but, only have the chance to enable a Static IP address. Does anybody know or can explain me how to enable it manually? :mad: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gastondoval
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PASSLENGTH on Irix

My first post here, and hopefully it will be one of many to come. I am currently running multiple SGI's with different versions of Irix. I have a problem setting the minimum password length for users. I have modified the /etc/default/passwd so that PASSLENGTH = 8 However, it still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herrmag
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IRIX (SGI) question

How to change icon of my application (say script file) in IRIX icon view. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kosta_mirkin
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IRIX 6.5 newbie

I have had the great fortune to get an sgi octane for free! :D I have managed to get me an OS(IRIX 6.5.19f) but I have some questions that I hope are not too simple to the gurus out there. Before I ask, I build macs and PC's and have had some experience hacking osx into old beige macs, and pcs,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gheem
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba for IRIX 6.5.26

I am not new to unix as a user, but new in setting up a workstation/server. I need to connect to my PC network to share files. I have heard Samba is a good tool, but they do not have a compiled version to download for IRIX. Can someone help me out? Thanks, Orrbit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orrbit
1 Replies

10. Programming

IRIX mpirun error!!

Dear Experts, I have been suffering in porting a CFD code called OpenFOAM to sgi-IRIX system for many months but to no avail, and the problem is about MPI! I installed gcc-4.3.0, gnu-binutils for my compilation. And after the building process, I can run the executive with single CPU, but when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakeat
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.3 2012-12-28 Net::DNS::Question(3)