Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users batch file equivalent for Unix Post 86272 by megastar on Wednesday 12th of October 2005 06:10:08 PM
Old 10-12-2005
batch file equivalent for Unix

i was trying to do a simple batch file equivalent in Unix

when i write a single command in a file, give executable permissions and run it (i gave the file name as a command at the prompt), it works fine.
but when i have more than 1 command, say my file has

a.out
ls
ls
a.out

it doesnt recognize any of the commands. any suggestions ....
do i need to do in different way? please help

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Batch FTP Command file

Hello, I am a UNIX newbie and this is my first posting. I need to create a batch command file to ftp from Sun/Solaris to AS/400. Here is an example file: ftp -d -i -n -v 172.28.16.22 pwd ls binary quit This is the result of executing the command file: Connected to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pietro
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I run scripts in my unix account from batch file in Windows?

Hi all, I'm working on Windows, connecting to my Unix account by different ways: by FTP opening files in UltraEdit32, by mapping drive to browse, by Exceed or Telnet to compile at Unix account. Actually, that is what I would like to change: I'd like to make a batch file which would connect to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olgafb
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IsDBCSLeadByteEx equivalent for unix

I am using IsDBCSLeadByteEx for windows, i would like to know whether there is any equivalent function in unix(linux) platform. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anjan_kumar_k
1 Replies

4. Programming

IsDBCSLeadByteEx equivalent for unix

I am using IsDBCSLeadByteEx for windows, i would like to know whether there is any equivalent function in unix(linux) platform. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjan_kumar_k
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Equivalent of Substr in Unix

Hi, I have a shell variable which has a value 123456:abcdeg. I want to extract the value which is present before ":". Is there any command in Unix through which I can achieve this. Please suggest. Thanks, Saurabh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhsinha23
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A mechanism like "batch file of windows" in Unix

Hi all, Like in windows OS we have in unix something called "jobs"-term me if i am wrong- to run a sequence of steps which we can exceute at our own will without scheduling like corntab scheduling. can any one tell me what is the structure of this file and provide me with some info with this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Windows batch file from UNIX

Hi everyone, let me get straight to the points. My manager wants to execute a remote batch file (on a Windows server) from a UNIX Machine, does anyone know if this is possible and what packages would be needed? Thanks p.s. Sorry i cant give OS specifics, we use most UNIX's; AIX, Solaris,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flip387
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locate equivalent in UNIX

Hi All, I am a frequent user of loacate in linux and really impressed with its speed and accuracy. I would like to know if there is any such equivalent in UNIX. (not the find, which is relatively very slow) Any locate packages which can be made available in UNIX(HP-UX) for this? TIA,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Linux equivalent for UNIX

I have a folder called "log" which has a few sub-folders say "fda" "fd7" "fdd" "fd6 .... " I wish to fire the below command inside each subfolder starting with the folder with the latest time stamp. grep "$greptime.*exit" Prod.$(hostname).log | grep $fdrdate_new If the seach did not yield... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
ACSADMIN(1)							  BP executables						       ACSADMIN(1)

NAME
acsadmin - ION Aggregate Custody Signal (ACS) administration interface SYNOPSIS
acsadmin [ commands_filename ] DESCRIPTION
acsadmin configures aggregate custody signal behavior for the local ION node. It operates in response to ACS configuration commands found in the file commands_filename, if provided; if not, acsadmin prints a simple prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into standard input. The format of commands for commands_filename can be queried from acsadmin with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are documented in acsrc(5). EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion of ACS administration. EXAMPLES
acsadmin Enter interactive ACS configuration command entry mode. acsadmin host1.acs Execute all configuration commands in host1.acs, then terminate immediately. FILES
See acsrc(5) for details of the ACS configuration commands. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
Note: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the acsrc file on a Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text format before presenting it to acsadmin. Otherwise acsadmin will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily. The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log: acsadmin can't attach to ION. There is no SDR data store for acsadmin to use. You should run ionadmin(1) first, to set up an SDR data store for ION. Can't open command file... The commands_filename specified in the command line doesn't exist. Various errors that don't cause acsadmin to fail but are noted in the ion.log log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given at the prompt or in the commands_filename file. Please see acsrc(5) for details. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
ionadmin(1), bpadmin(1), acsrc(5) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 ACSADMIN(1)