Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sizeof
Top Forums Programming sizeof Post 86197 by blowtorch on Wednesday 12th of October 2005 02:51:47 AM
Old 10-12-2005
I think this has to do with the fact that you are using C++. Cant test that now. Sorry.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sizeof an array of structure without using 'sizeof' operator

Hi All, is it possible to find out the size of an array of structures ( without using 'sizeof' operator). The condition is we have the array of structure instant but we are not aware of the elements inside the structure. Can someone help me out? Thanks in advance. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
18 Replies

2. Programming

How to get the sizeof char pointer

The below code throws the error, since the size of x = 19 is not passed to the cstrCopy function. using namespace std; static void cstrCopy(char *x, const char*y); int main () { char x; const string y = "UNIX FORUM"; cstrCopy(x,y.c_str()); return 0; } void cstrCopy(char *x,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SamRoj
3 Replies

3. Programming

Doubts regarding sizeof() operator

Hi, There are some bewildering sizeof() questions I have in my mind. Could anyone shed some light on this? int main() { printf("%d\n", sizeof(main)); // Ans: 1 } That is, the sizeof() a function identifier though it is treated internally as a pointer gives 1 byte always, why? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

4. Programming

sizeof(object) in C++

Hi, I have defined the class and call the sizeof(object to class) to get the size. # include <iostream> # include <iomanip> using namespace std; class sample { private: int i; float j; char k; public: sample() { } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sizeof a file from directory path in perl

Hai how to find size of a file?? ex : /home/kiran/pdk/sample/calibre this is a path In that I have to find size of a files in side a calibre(it is the folder) like .results or .summary (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran425
1 Replies

6. Programming

Compiler/Runtime uses of sizeof

Ignoring other considerations for a moment and in general ... Would there be a difference in result (dot oh or execution) of: A. strncpy( a, b, sizeof(a) ); vs. B. c = sizeof(a); strncpy( a, b, c ); My general understanding is (at least I think my understanding is) that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
10 Replies
ATF-TEST-PROGRAM(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				       ATF-TEST-PROGRAM(1)

NAME
atf-test-program -- common interface to ATF test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-test-program [-r resfile] [-s srcdir] [-v var1=value1 [.. -v varN=valueN]] test_case atf-test-program -l DESCRIPTION
Test programs written using the ATF libraries all share a common user interface, which is what this manual page describes. NOTE: There is no binary known as atf-test-program; what is described in this manual page is the command-line interface exposed by the atf-c, atf-c++ and atf-sh bindings. In the first synopsis form, the test program will execute the provided test case and print its results to the standard output, unless other- wise stated by the -r flag. Optionally, the test case name can be suffixed by ':cleanup', in which case the cleanup routine of the test case will be executed instead of the test case body; see atf-test-case(4). Note that the test case is executed without isolation, so it can and probably will create and modify files in the current directory. To execute test cases in a controller manner, you need a runtime engine that understands the ATF interface. The recommended runtime engine is kyua(1). You should only execute test cases by hand for debugging pur- poses. In the second synopsis form, the test program will list all available test cases alongside their meta-data properties in a format that is machine parseable. This list is processed by kyua(1) to know how to execute the test cases of a given test program. The following options are available: -l Lists available test cases alongside a brief description for each of them. -r resfile Specifies the file that will receive the test case result. If not specified, the test case prints its results to stdout. If the result of a test case needs to be parsed by another program, you must use this option to redirect the result to a file and then read the resulting file from the other program. Note: do not try to process the stdout of the test case because your program may break in the future. -s srcdir The path to the directory where the test program is located. This is needed in all cases, except when the test program is being executed from the current directory. The test program will use this path to locate any helper data files or utilities. -v var=value Sets the configuration variable var to the value value. SEE ALSO
kyua(1) BSD
March 2, 2014 BSD