Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to copy files from local computer to server Post 86189 by blowtorch on Wednesday 12th of October 2005 01:16:58 AM
Old 10-12-2005
You can use ftp. You will require access to the unix server (a username and a password). Exact commands to use in ftp cannot be explained here - they will differ as per your requirements - you would be better off having someone show this to you first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy files from local drive to telnet unix machine.

i want to run some solaris executable program (text file). i telnet to solaris machine. the text file is on the net drive h: or my local drive on windows system. how can i copy the text file from local drive in windows to remote machine in solaris system? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from local machine to server?

I am logged into a server via SSH. There is a file on my desktop of my Windows PC I would like to put on that server. How do I do it? SCP looks the likely method but how does the server know where the file is on the local machine? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

5. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy files from remote server to local?

Hi experts, I 'm newbie to unix world, now I have task to copy the latest files from remote server to my local. I believe this must be very common request in this community. I want you do it one more time for me please. My requirement is something like this: I receive files in the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy one file from a server to a local folder

Hi, Is there a way I can copy a file from a server to a local folder (i.e. My Documents)? can it be done by scp? I tried this but it just rename the file as the folder it has to be transferred at. scp -r name@some_server:/home/user/file.txt 'somehere\home\home_dir' Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
PAM_FTP(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual							PAM_FTP(8)

NAME
pam_ftp - PAM module for anonymous access module SYNOPSIS
pam_ftp.so [debug] [ignore] [users=XXX,YYY,...] DESCRIPTION
pam_ftp is a PAM module which provides a pluggable anonymous ftp mode of access. This module intercepts the user's name and password. If the name is ftp or anonymous, the user's password is broken up at the @ delimiter into a PAM_RUSER and a PAM_RHOST part; these pam-items being set accordingly. The username (PAM_USER) is set to ftp. In this case the module succeeds. Alternatively, the module sets the PAM_AUTHTOK item with the entered password and fails. This module is not safe and easily spoofable. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. ignore Pay no attention to the email address of the user (if supplied). ftp=XXX,YYY,... Instead of ftp or anonymous, provide anonymous login to the comma separated list of users: XXX,YYY,.... Should the applicant enter one of these usernames the returned username is set to the first in the list: XXX. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The authentication was successful. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/ftpd to handle ftp style anonymous login: # # ftpd; add ftp-specifics. These lines enable anonymous ftp over # standard UN*X access (the listfile entry blocks access to # users listed in /etc/ftpusers) # auth sufficient pam_ftp.so auth required pam_unix.so use_first_pass auth required pam_listfile.so onerr=succeed item=user sense=deny file=/etc/ftpusers SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_ftp was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_FTP(8)