Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: MAximum ammount of memory
Operating Systems Solaris MAximum ammount of memory Post 86174 by 98_1LE on Tuesday 11th of October 2005 08:48:41 PM
Old 10-11-2005
I believe the theoretical limit for a 64-bit OS is 32TB.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ammount of Memory used by a Process

how can i display the ammount of Memory a Process used or allocated with *alloc? Lazzar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving big ammount of files.

Hello All. I have problem archiving files. The problem is:) I have about 10000 files in one directory, all this file aproximately the same size, i need to gzip them and write on DVD. But all this files take about 15 GB of space (already gzipped). So i need DVD Blue-Ray :p or i need to split... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maxeg
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

4. Programming

How to deal with lots of data in memory in order not to run out of memory

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to manage memory when I have to deal with lots of data. Basically I'm indexing a huge file (5GB, but it can be bigger), by creating tables that holds offset <-> startOfSomeData information. Currently I'm mapping the whole file at once (yep!) but of course the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emitrax
1 Replies

5. Solaris

restrcit physical memory with zone.max-locked-memory

Is it possible to restrict physical memory in solaris zone with zone.max-locked-memory just like we can do with rcapd ? I do not want to used rcapd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. Programming

Regarding the maximum memory allocated by malloc() function on HP-UX B11.11

In a 'C' program,when I am trying to allocate memory with the help of malloc () function, it is allocating the memory up to a certain limit for e.g. in my case, it is 670 MB (approx). malloc() returns NULL if I allocate more than this amount of memory.When I tried to allocate memory in chunks of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinsachan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving and renaming large ammount of files

Hey, I'm kinda new to the shell scripting and I don't wanna mess things up yet :) Looking for a solution to the following: I need to move all the files like "filename.failed.dateandtime" to another directory also renaming them "filename.ready". I can't figure how to do this with multiple files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sg3
4 Replies

8. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Maximum Memory RAM for windows 7 32 bit

Hi, i have just installed 4 gb RAM ddr3 on OS Windows 7 32 bit. In "manage peripherals" i see this section: Memory installed (ram) : 4,00 gb (2,30gb usable) Why only 2,30 gb usable ? In Windows 7 32bit the maximum size is not 3,00gb ? see file attached, please (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nash83
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set maximum memory for user

Hi, I have as Solaris 10 (x86) system. I want to set the maximum memory for the user But the following comaand is valid only till next reboot.Pls let me know how to make it permanenent. prctl -n project.max-shm-memory -r -v 4G -i project 3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
6 Replies