Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting which file belongs to which directory Post 86112 by vino on Tuesday 11th of October 2005 08:36:40 AM
Old 10-11-2005
You are the author of 2 other posts which look very similiar.

To get the file names.
to find the file with full path

I am not sure if similiarity of posts contribute towards violation of the rules.

Try this.
Code:
find . -name '*.xml' | xargs ls -lrt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the group to which a user belongs

Is there any command to find to which group u ser belongs (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a user belongs to a group (KSH)?

Hi all, How can I check if a particular user id belongs to a group? (ie. how to check if the current user `whoami` is part of the a certain group? do i use the group name of group id?) Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to determine which SIP a package belongs

Hi Folks, Is there anyway I can determine the package set (or SIP) that a package belongs to. It doesn't seem that pkginfo does it?? I'm trying to remove a whole lot of unecessary packages, and it would be far more convenient if I could remove whole sets at a time instead of indivdual packages.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brizrobbo
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Daemon belongs to which package..

If i know a daemon and it is running.. How can i know that daemon belongs to which package? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64 - how can you determine the package where a file or binary belongs to?

Dear linux-unix users, I hope that one of you will be able to help me. How can I determine to which package a file or binary belongs to. With solaris/linux package managers you can easely determine this but i cant find the way how to do this on tru64. Any help would greatly be appreciated.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_lenny
0 Replies

6. AIX

/home belongs to a user?

While doing a "little" clean up job, i noticed something weird... A ls -altr of my / showed this: drwxr-xr-x 1549 johcham grands 102400 Jan 28 13:13 home How can a user become the owner / modify the group of my /home??? any thoughts? Can i chown this back to bin:bin (i think that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

read numbers from file and output which numbers belongs to which range

Howdy experts, We have some ranges of number which belongs to particual group as below. GroupNo StartRange EndRange Group0125 935300 935399 Group2006 935400 935476 937430 937459 Group0324 935477 935549 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldapsearch to find netgroups which a user belongs to

how to use ldapsearch to find all the netgroups a user belongs to? It's Solaris. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalite19
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Does anyone know what technology this logo belongs to?

It came in a template full of techy-related stickers for laptop (like Docker, K8s, BigData, RHEL, AWS, etc) but I have no clue what it represents. Any idea? https://i.imgur.com/7ILp105.png Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
7 Replies
appclient(1M)						    Application Server Utility						     appclient(1M)

NAME
appclient - launches the Application Client Container and invokes the client application packaged in the application JAR file SYNOPSIS
appclient -client client_application_jar [-mainclass client_application_main_classname|-name display_name] [-xml sun-acc.xml file] [-tex- tauth] [-user username] [-password password] Use the appclient command to launch the application client container and invoke a client application that is packaged in an application JAR file. The application client jar file is psecified and created during deployment either by the deploytool or by using the asadmin deploy command. The application client container is a set of java classes, libraries and other files that are required to execute a first-tier application client program on a Java Virtual Machine (JVM). The application client container communicates with the Application Server using RMI-IIOP. The client.jar that is retrieved after deploying an application , should be passed with the -client option while running the appclient utility. The -mainclass and -name options are optional for a single client application. For multiple client applications use either the -classname option or the- name option. -client required; the name and location for the client application jar file. The application client JAR file is specified and created during deployment, either by the deploytool or by the asadmin deploy command. -mainclass optional; the full classname of the main client application main() method that will be invoked by the Application Client Container. Used for a single client application. By default, uses the class specified in the client jar. The class name must be the full name. For example, com.sun.test.AppClient -name optional; the display name for the client application. Used for multiple client applications. By default, the dis- play name is specified in the client jar application-client.xml file which is identified by the display-name attribute. -xml optional if using the default domain and instance, otherwise it is required; identifies the name and location of the client configuration XML file. If not specified, defaults to the value of $AS_ACC_CONFIG identified in asenv.conf file. -textauth optional; used to specify using text format authentication when authentication is needed. Example 1: Using the appclient command appclient -client appserv/bin/myclientapp.jar -mainclass com.sun.test.TestAppClient -xml sun-acc.xml scott sample Where: appserv/bin/myclientapp.jar is the full path for the client application .jar file, com.sun.text.TestAppClient is the full Java pack- age name of the main client application, scott and sample are arguments to pass to the application, and sun-acc.xml is the name of the client configuration XML file. If sun-acc.xml is not in the current directory, you must give the absolute path location; otherwise the rel- ative path is used. The relative path is relative to the directory where the command is being executed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ package-appclient(1M), asadmin(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 appclient(1M)