Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: no VGs found
Operating Systems AIX no VGs found Post 86088 by b_manu78 on Tuesday 11th of October 2005 01:30:53 AM
Old 10-11-2005
thanks a lot ..it worked

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP ld.so.1 NOT FOUND

I made the fatal mistake of rename the usr directory. I cannot run any commands due to the fact that ld.so.1 is in usr/lib/--and it doesn't exist How can I recover my system? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. AIX

mksysb restore ( vgs on SAN disks)

I have my application vendor looking at this but I want to do my own investigation. I restored from mksysb and I see my vgs that contain my internal disks. But I do not see my vgs that contain disks from the SAN. This scares me .. {{ Ha, ha!! My AIX expert boss just told me I have nothing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
0 Replies

4. AIX

Wierd thing about FSs and VGs

Hello It appears that on a regular basis, perhaps when weekly rebooting happens, not sure yet, my odm becomes out of sync. When doing a smitty file system list by volume group, the FS type is displayed as ??? on several FSs. Always in the same VG. I know how to fix this problem, thing is,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
4 Replies

5. SuSE

Remove disks from VGs in LVM

Hi, I have following set up on Open suse 11 vgdisplay pvdisplay lvdisplay I would like to remove these disks /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc from LVM and do not use them for anything.. Can anyone please help me with this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: upengan78
1 Replies

6. AIX

Unknown VGs

Hi Guys, I found on one of the server there are 2 VG's which I dont have any Idea of who created .. as below bash-3.00$ lsvg old_rootvg rootvg datavg altinst_rootvg altinst_rootvg under is meant for alternate disk installation.. But I'm not sure for which version of OS it was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
5 Replies

7. Solaris

In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS

Need some one to explain "In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS". Actually, I am not aware of this. Thanks, Rama (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify missing VGs

lsvg command returns rootvg mqB01vg heartbeatvg mqA01vg oracleAvg2 cevgA01 orastgevg ..... lsvg -o command returns rootvg mqB01vg heartbeatvg mqA01vg oracleAvg2 ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

9. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies
ETSF_IO(1)							   User Commands							ETSF_IO(1)

NAME
etsf_io - manual page for etsf_io SYNOPSIS
etsf_io [-h | -a action] [[-i file]...] [[-f flag]...] DESCRIPTION
[-o file] [arguments] Handle ETSF files, see --action option. -h --help : show this little help. -a --action value : give the action to perform. Possible action may be: * 'merge' to gather several files that have been splitted. * 'content' to get the name of specifications the file matches. * 'check' to check the validity of the file against specifications. -o --output-file file : give the path to the output ETSF file. -i --input-file file : give the path for an input file. This option can be used one or several times. -l --list : when action is check, it give the list of available flags.q -f --flag value : give a flag name (get valid names from -l option). Examples: Merge three files, etsf_io -a merge -i file1.nc -i file2.nc -i file3.nc -o output.nc Get the contents of file test.nc, etsf_io -a content test.nc Get the list of flags for validity checks, etsf_io -a check -l Checks with two flags, etsf_io -a check -f flag1 -f flag2 test.nc SEE ALSO
The full documentation for etsf_io is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and etsf_io programs are properly installed at your site, the command info etsf_io should give you access to the complete manual. etsf_io November 2011 ETSF_IO(1)