Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Color and Users
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Color and Users Post 86 by Neo on Friday 13th of October 2000 01:32:54 AM
Old 10-13-2000
The device file which drives the graphics card is decoupled from the application in UNIX systems. Something does not sound right in your post. A problem with a graphics card should only effect the monitor, not the application per se.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify Color and send email with same color

Hello mates, I have a requirement where in which I have to mail an output from multiple programs in the same colour as the output from shell script. I have seen a post to mail html in our forum,but my case is I have to first identify which colour the output is in an then mail it to in the ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
10 Replies
gfx_mode_select_filter(3alleg4) 				  Allegro manual				   gfx_mode_select_filter(3alleg4)

NAME
gfx_mode_select_filter - Even more extended version of the graphics mode selection dialog. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int gfx_mode_select_filter(int *card, int *w, int *h, int *color_depth, int (*filter)(int, int, int, int)); DESCRIPTION
Even more extended version of the graphics mode selection dialog, which allows the programmer to customize the contents of the dialog and the user to select the color depth as well as the resolution and hardware driver. `filter' will be passed (card, w, h, color_depth) quadruplets and must return 0 to let the specified quadruplet be added to the list of displayed modes. As with gfx_mode_select, the values stored at the addresses passed to the function will be used as suggestions for the initial selections in the dialog, defaulting to the first entry in each list if the values are not found. Initialize the data stored at the addresses passed to the function to the value of 0 or -1 if you want to ensure that the initial selection for each list will be the first entry. If the dialog is OK'd, it stores the selections at the addresses passed to the function. Example usage : ret = gfx_mode_select_filter(&card, &w, &h, &color_depth, user_filter); if (ret) {/* User okayed dialog or user_filter removed all modes */ if (card == GFX_NONE) { // No modes available *card = 0;/* Make sure not to leave *card == GFX_NONE */ return -1; } /* Handle changing to new mode here... */ } else {/* User cancelled dialog or there was an error (unlikely) */ if (card == GFX_NONE) { /* Error, probably out of memory */ *card = 0;/* Make sure not to leave *card == GFX_NONE */ return -2; } /* Carry on in current graphics mode if that is acceptable */ } RETURN VALUE
Returns zero if the user cancelled the dialog or an error occurred. In the case of an error then *card is assigned the value GFX_NONE. The functions return non-zero if the user made a selection OR if all the modes were filtered out. In the case that all of the modes were fil- tered out, then *card is assigned the value GFX_NONE. This means you should NOT initialize the *card to the value of GFX_NONE, as it could interfere with determining the proper return value. SEE ALSO
gfx_mode_select(3alleg4), gfx_mode_select_ex(3alleg4), set_color_depth(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4), gui_fg_color(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 gfx_mode_select_filter(3alleg4)