Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users The DT messaging system could not be started Post 85638 by Awadhesh on Thursday 6th of October 2005 12:28:30 PM
Old 10-06-2005
The DT messaging system could not be started

Hello All,

I am getting " The DT messaging system could not be started" message when wants to login as root on a box running on tru64 5.1A.

/etc/hosts is ok.

when i see in .dt/errorlog it shows message server could not be started.

Thanks for help.

Awadhesh

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started HP-UX

Hi People! I've just got a HP-UX system dumped on me. I've started it, followed all the install/setup questions, and everything was going ok, right upto when going into the desktop enviroment I got the message "The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started". Now I've checked the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpiuk
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP VUE Messaginbg system could not be started

hi guys..its been a while since my last post... a friend of mine has a problem with their HP Openview and has the following error: The HP VUE messaging system could not be started. To correct the problem: 1. Choose to return to the login-screen. 2. Select failsafe session.... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

DT messaging could not be started

this id the message i get with a suggestions to check those files: /etc/src.sh /etc/hosts /usr/adm/inetd.sec i have little knowledge of hoe to edit those files/ i went to the etc library and didn't found src.sh file. what should i do? also didn't find the inetd.sec file In the host... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirp
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE problem - The DT messaging system could not be started

A Google search with: +Solaris +"The DT messaging system could not be started" returns 138 hits. All of the relevant possible solutions are in this document. My apologies for such a long document but I thought I would try to minimize the resolution attempts that I've already tried. System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8, you boot the system but does not have anything on the screen (not started)

Greetings to all. I have two computers, Sun Blade 150. the first, had the Solaris 8 system, and that system needed to clone the "second" to start it with the same settings. Use a program to clone the drive, and then have cloned, had the error: Can't read disk label. Can't open disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feliz-58
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

Help needed HP UX 11.11i new install on C8000 Desktop messaging system error CAN'T FIX

Hi, I have a HP UX C8000 box , have installed 11.11i from 4 x cds numerous times to try to get a functioning Network or to try and get rid of this error on start up, after new install and 1st startup I get an error "The desktop messaging system could not be started" and then advice about... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: C8000
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

The DT messaging system could not be started.

Good Morning, Users can no longer log into SunBlade 2500 Solaris 9 system (though root still can). Here's what I'm getting and what I've done. I'm most suspicious of the full drive since that pops up twice and I did see one looks full. What's a good way to reduce what's on it?- or.. what else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies
tt_message_disposition(library call)									      tt_message_disposition(library call)

NAME
tt_message_disposition -- retrieve the disposition attribute from a message SYNOPSIS
#include <Tt/tt_c.h> Tt_disposition tt_message_disposition( Tt_message m); DESCRIPTION
The tt_message_disposition function retrieves the disposition attribute from the specified message. The m argument is the opaque handle for the message involved in this operation. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the tt_message_disposition function returns a value that indicates whether an instance of the receiving process should be started to receive the message immediately, or whether the message is to be queued until the receiving process is started at a later time. The tt_message_disposition function returns one of the following Tt_disposition values: TT_DISCARD There is no receiver for this message. The message will be returned to the sender with the Tt_status field containing TT_FAILED. TT_QUEUE Queue the message until a process of the proper ptype receives the message. TT_START Attempt to start a process of the proper ptype if none is running. TT_QUEUE+TT_START Queue the message and attempt to start a process of the proper ptype if none is running. The application can use tt_int_error(3) to extract one of the following Tt_status values from the Tt_disposition integer: TT_OK The operation completed successfully. TT_ERR_NOMP The ttsession(1) process is not running and the ToolTalk service cannot restart it. TT_ERR_POINTER The pointer passed does not point to an object of the correct type for this operation. SEE ALSO
Tt/tt_c.h - Tttt_c(5), tt_int_error(3). tt_message_disposition(library call)